Blue 2-1 & Red Dimmer - Phillips Hue Retrofit downlights glowing when off in smartbulb mode

Recessed cans glowing when off : Hue (reddit.com)
Seems that there may be a recent Hue firmware update that addresses this behavior.

5 Likes

For the record, hereā€™s the hardware/firmware numbers I have on mine:

Light #1 = LCD002 | 1.101.8
Light #2 = LCD006 | 1.101.8
Light #3 = LCD006 | 1.101.8

Dang @timrudd12 ā€“ that Reddit thread is crazy. I must have gotten extremely lucky or something. Or the firmware was updated before I realized there was an issue.

1 Like

Oh look at that! I just did the update. Iā€™ll check tonight when itā€™s dark.

If no luck Iā€™ll go to a dumb switch with the hue ap and will report back.

Thanks everyone!

2 Likes

Solution: I added the lights back to Hue and did the software update. Problem solvedā€¦ finally. They are repaired with a Blue and working like a dream.

Thanks Eric and everyone here that helped on this one.

Heres the link to the software update from philips in which they discuss fixing the glow issue.

5 Likes

firmware update worked for me too - glad I saw that before I returned the cans. For anybody that might stumble in here, you donā€™t need a hue hub to update, you can do it via the app with bluetooth.

2 Likes

Wow, thatā€™s insane that it was just a firmware update. Glad it got sorted out and you guys got it working!

yeah - on the one hand I feel pretty dumb for not checking for that before taking us all on this journey, but on the other hand maybe the record will be helpful to others?

2 Likes

Oh for sure it will help, glad you brought it up as clearly multiple people had this issue and Iā€™m sure there will be others who wonā€™t even check the forum and write into tickets (so now we also are aware of the problem and can help)!

1 Like