Blue Series 2-1 Firmware Changelog | VZM31-SN

Best performance is going to be with zigbee bulbs that actually dim 1%-100%. Controlling load on LED’s is exceedingly difficult on such low-wattage bulbs across the board. 0-6W is so much harder for precise control than 0-60W.

This is a good suggestion and what I have my Blue controlling but I will say I have some other Lutron setups that dim very low with these newer “Filament” led bulbs. My guess was those have more emitters in series and are less effected but could just be anecdotal.

2 Likes

I have a room with two sets of overhead lights, one controlled with a Blue Series and the other controlled by a Red Series. I’m using Hubitat btw

I’m mostly concerned with how the light turns on/off and dims at the local switch.

The switches are next to each other, so I want them to behave the same.

After messing around for a while I was able to get it.

Is there any reason the driver settings pages can’t be more similar between the two types of switches?

I also noticed the min level between the switches are 10 vs 35 but operate exactly the same.

I also might have found a bug with the red series regarding setting dimmer level command and dimming down with the local button - but I’ll bump the red series thread about that.

Here are my Red Series settings

Blue Series Settings

1 Like

The Blues have a lot more capabilities than the gen2 Reds (500-series zwave). But the new gen3 Reds (800-series zwave) will have capabilities similar to the Blue and the driver settings pages will look very similar

Are you running the most current device handler from the Inovelli website (not the Hubitat built-in one)? Earlier versions had a couple of those parameters reversed

1 Like

I’m using the inovelli drivers not the Hubitat ones

1 Like

Are you using the most current Inovelli drivers? Earlier Inovelli drivers had them swapped

I believe so

1 Like

You showed the driver for the Blue Series. I was talking about the driver for the Red series since that’s where you said you found a bug

1 Like

That’s because this is a Blue Series thread.

I was asked in the Red Series thread if the Blue Series had the same behavior, and it does.

But here is the driver I’m using

There is firmware version 0102020A available now.
FileName: 122F-0101-0102020A (v2.10)

Anyone have a changelog for this version?

Problems I see in v2.10:
-When two switches are paired with each other through zigbee binding, the opposite switch does not have the same dimmer speed that is configured in Hubitat. I have both switches configured with the same dimmer speeds (faster to turn on, 2.5sec to turn off) and yet the opposite switch from the one I’m pressing is doing it in an inverted order or just goes slower than the switch I’m using. It did not do this in the prior firmware release. I did perform a re-configure and refresh after the firmware update. I even pulled the air gap on both and let them reboot. Problem still exists.

Dim levels also fail to sync after turning light on and off a few times in a row.

Seems Zigbee Binding switches might be broken in this release. The dimming speed definitely is inverted. It’s like it’s sending the opposite command. Very strange behavior.

@EricM_Inovelli, @Eric_Inovelli any idea?

Parameter ID + configuration on both switches:

1- 1.0s
5- 2.5s
6- 2.5s
7- 2.5s
8- 2.5s

I’m not clear on what you mean. Can you post a video?

Air gapping does not sync or reload settings to or from the hub.
Configure sends settings from hub to device
Refresh pulls settings from device to hub

Also, what do you have for parameters 2,3,4?

When both switches are set to turn on faster and turn off slower…

Switch A (Master switch)
Switch B (Slave Switch)

When pressing UP physical button on switch A, it shows dim level going up fast, it dims up fast like it’s supposed to. Switch B shows it going up slow even though it’s going up fast.

When pressing DOWN physical button on switch A, it shows dim level going down slow, it dims down slow like it’s supposed to. Switch B show it going down fast even though it’s going down slow.

When pressing UP physical button on switch B, it shows dim level going up fast, but switch A goes up slow and the physical light therefor turns on slow.

When pressing DOWN physical button on switch B, it shows dim level going down slow, but switch A goes down fast and the physical light therefor turns off fast.

It’s not operating as intended. The previous firmware version (v2.08) had no issue with this.

After firmware upgrade I performed a configure all command.
Then 1 minute later I performed a refresh all command.
This is what you are supposed to do after a driver update and/or firmware update.
I am running driver version 2022-12-12 (latest).

Dim levels will eventually unsync entirely where switch B will show the light is on at medium brightness and switch A and the physical light are entirely turned off.

I don’t need to program parameters 2,3,4 they use the value from parameter 1.
I even tried to program them to see if the behavior changed, it did not.

This raises another question: How do you downgrade firmware to a previous release?

Thanks for tthe feedback, I will check it out. This firmware hasn’t been officially announced yet as our beta testers are still testing it out.

3 Likes

I accidentally (sort of) became a beta tester, lol.
I’m glad I was able to provide some feedback though.

Yep, thanks for the help in that case LOL.

1 Like

I just posted this up top, but in case anyone comes looking at the bottom of the thread:

January 18, 2023 / v2.10 / 0x0102020A

Note: We haven’t officially announced 2.10, but it is available on Hubitat servers for our beta testers. It may have an issue with binding when you have a master and a slave Inovelli device (virtual 3-way). Please wait to update until we have the issue figured out.

4 Likes

Is 2.10 also problematic for smartthings users (who use zigbee binding)? Ty

I think @Eric_Inovelli isn’t having any problems with his ST architecture.

Does his setup include “3 way switches“ with two blues? Just want to make sure since that seems to be the sticking point for hubitat.

Potentially. I’d have to refer to Eric for his house setup, but I believe he does have a couple?

1 Like