Blue Series Fan Switch - Home Assistant - No actions to adjust speed

Using Z2M, I’ve tried to create an automation so I could use single up clicks to set the fan speed. I can’t find any actions that allow me to set fan speed. Has anyone done this, any screenshots you can help out with? Thanks!

In HA I use the fan.set_percentage service to adjust the fan speed.
33 = low
66 = med
99 = high

service: fan.set_percentage
data:
  percentage: 99
target:
  entity_id: fan.master_bedroom_fan
1 Like

Thanks!!! Works perfectly and now I see how I missed this searching previously.

So if you have it set up to change fan speed with the switch, can you still change it with the pull cords, or do they need to be left alone?

You want to leave the pull cords at the maximum fan speed and only adjust speeds from your switch or hub.

1 Like

That makes sense. I assume it’s the same with the lights if your pull cord switches it from 0,2, or 4 lights.

I guess what I’m asking is, will it mess anything up if someone pulls a cord? Do you just have to return it to max, or would you have to reprogram the switch? My wife is prone to misplacing her phone and the cord is much closer than the switch in the living room. She generally doesn’t appreciate it when I mess around with the functionality of the house. Making it easy for her is of paramount importance.

It should not mess anything up. Returning it to max should restore normal operation.

1 Like

You could remove the fan speed pull chain (they typically ship unattached). That way she’s have to reach up higher to intentionally change fan speeds.

1 Like