Bug in Status Reporting - LZW30

When these switches are associated, thier status is not correctly reported.

Steps:

1. Install a switch with a load, and name it “switch”
  2. Install a switch with no load, and name it “remote”
  3. Use the z-wave associate tool to associate the remote and the switch as per Inovelli’s instructions
  4. Turn the switch on and then back off a few times. Leave it in the “off” state
  5. Turn the remote on and then back off a few times. Leave it in the “off” state

I see:
Every change in status at step 4 works mostly. The load turn on/off, the LEDs turns on/off (both switch and remote), and the HUB’s UI changes to properly indicate the state of “switch”; however, throughout the test, the state of “remote” remains off.

Every change in status at step 5 works mostly. The load turn on/off, the LEDs turns on/off (both switch and remote), and the HUB’s UI changes to properly indicate the state of “remote”; however, throughout the test, the state of “switch” remains off.

I expected:
When I use the remote to turn on the switch, the HUB’s UI should update the state of “switch”. In other words

Every change in status at step 4 and 5.
The load turn on/off
the LEDs turns on/off (both switch and remote)
the HUB’s UI (for both switch and remote) should be “on” when the load is “on”; “off”, when load is “off”.

This behavior is true with two hubs (HomeAssistant and SmartThings).

Will you please confirm or deny that you see the same behavior?
Best,
Kirk

Are you running the lastest firmware version? For SmartThings are you using the generic drivers or the enhanced drivers from the Inovelli website https://support.inovelli.com/portal/en/kb/articles/products-switches-on-off-lzw30-sn-device-handler-installation-smartthings.

I don’t have your exact same setup. I’m using LZW31 (black series dimmers, no scene feature) for remotes and they update the hub with their on/off state properly. Note however, that in this type of arrangement, you do not want to control the 'Remote" from the hub. When the associations are set up as defined, hub commands will not be repeated to the associated devices. This is intentional to prevent looping where the remote updates the main, then the main updates the remote and they keep bouncing back and forth updating each other.

This is a known issue with the lzw30. Hoping for a firmware update sometime.

1 Like