Compatible Auxiliary Switches

I bought some GE Enbrighten Z-Wave switches before I bought my Inovelli Fan+Light switch and would like to add more Inovelli switches. I’m interested in the Red Dimmer and I’m wondering if it would be possible to swap my GE Enbrighten master with the Inovelli but keep the GE auxiliary switch.

I purchased the GE Enbrighten toggle 46202 and the add-on 46200. I understand that the aux might only have on/off, but would that even be functional with an Inovelli dimmer or does the add-on need to be a dimmer-style as well?

As of now, these auxiliary switches are the only ones supported:

1. GE Enbrighten Add-On #12723

2. GE Enbrighten Add-On #46199

3. HomeSeer Add-On #HS-WA100+

1 Like

Are those the only ones supported as in they have been tested and are working and others have not? Or that there is no possibility that any other switches can work?

@BrenenP - Correct. The switches I linked are known and tested to work with the Inovelli switches/dimmers. Your aux switches “may” work with them, but it’s currently unknown. It’s worth a shot to see if they work. If they work, then no need to buy new ones. If not, then you may need to replace your old Aux switches with known working ones or back to a toggle switch (for on/off purposes only).

I can confirm that my auxillary switch (GE 46200) works with the Red Series Dimmer if set to 3-way momentary switch type. There is obviously not dimmer control, but on and off work as expected.

I’ve tried the HomeSeer HS-WA100+ in multiple 3 and 4 way configs with inovelli gen 2 red/black dimmers – and struggled to get them working properly. In all cases, they would turn-off the light with a tap down. However, they rarely turned a fixture on using tap up or tap down. I had success with a GE 46200 in the same configs and the Inovelli responds consistently better to up/on and down/off commands from the aux.

I am also using Jasco ZW2002’s and the inovelli switch responds well to up/on and down/off. But am presently also experiencing some random “on” events which might be related to the Jasco’s.