[DEVICE PAGE] Inovelli 4-in-1 motion sensor LZW60

Well, that sent me down the rabbit hole on wondering whether or not I should move to one of the MQTT solutions for Z-Wave (I already do so for my large Insteon installation), but I’ll defer that for now until I’m done migrating everything from Indigo.

In any case, just knowing ==8 or !=8 will be good enough.

binary_sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      sensor_name:
        device_class: motion
        value_template: "{{ is_state('sensor.bathroom', '8') }}"

Thanks! This is pretty much exactly what I was going to do. No, that’s a lie. I need to study templates more. I was going to write a script to accomplish essentially the same thing, but your way is better.

Hi, I just opened a new 4-in-1 sensor, and I’m having trouble getting it to work with my SmartThings system. It seems as though it never reports “no motion” and I’ve seen the battery drain from 100% to 80% in less than 2 hours (granted, I did include and exclude this device maybe 4 different times trying to get it to work). I’ve tried using it with the Inovelli device handler as well as the generic Z-wave motion/temp and Z-wave motion/light handlers. I’m starting to wonder if I have a defective unit, but before I return it, I thought I’d try asking this community for help. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Update: At this point the sensor isn’t reporting anything at all, just losing battery power.

Did you try a factory reset on the sensor (hold down the button on the back for at least 5 seconds)?

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Memorial Day Sale 2020

@Eric_Inovelli / @EricM_Inovelli, hey guys, is someone checking support tickets? I’ve created one 10 days ago and no one reached out back to me, so I opened another one today in relation to the same problem, [#4425] and [#4879].

Can someone take a look please?

Thanks,
Alex

I’ll take a look shortly. We’ve been severely backed up - I think the sale got products into new houses, but that also brought quite the influx of tickets.

Thanks for your patience as we work to train our new rep (and hopefully hire more).

Sorry for the delay!

1 Like

Thanks Eric!

Just got one paired in Home Assistant following the docs and I am curious about 2 of the sensor types that show up Alarm Level and Alarm Type? Both show consistent value of 0 so I think it might be one of those Z Wave standard thing, since its an alarm sensor it brings in those entities like how the motion entity is the Burglar.

EDIT: Yea I think I found some documentation on this.

1 Like

Really happy to hear that! You guys deserve all of that :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

So I noticed a typo in some help documentation in the OpenZWave config. I opened a pull request for it a few days ago, not sure who has merge rights or the process but just giving a heads up here. Let me know if I need to file a ticket somewhere.

I merged it. Thanks!

1 Like

A lot of sensors work on heat image and sensitivity setting don’t affect the distance at which motion is detected. I know on my Ring alarm system the range is the same no matter the sensitivity setting. I had to adjust it due to my dog climbing on top of living room seating when I was away. Ring told me to turn down the sensitivity and it would then ignore my dog. So it takes a bigger thermal image (at least bigger than my 15 lbs dog) to set it off. I would assume this sensor is probably triggered by thermal image also.

Curious if there is any update on this? Is it actively being worked on?

Sorry for the bad news, but the accessory was put on hold as other projects were taking priority. I’m not sure when we will be able to resume it. :frowning:

If there are any 3d printer gurus out there that would like to take on the project of creating an in-wall housing, that would be awesome. I at one time was going to try to create an adapter for the sensor to fit into the Aeon one, but it is just a little too big.

1 Like

If you supply the model for measuring and such, I’ll be more than happy to attempt modeling an in-wall mount.

1 Like

I just got mine Wednesday. I don’t use the motion detector and have the reporting set to 0, which is none. I report light level every minute, Temperature every 3 minutes and humidity every 5 minutes. Battery was down to 90% this morning So I’m really chewing it up. I went ahead and plugged it into a charger and all is well. It sits high up in my family room, out of site on top of an entertainment center. The sensor for light and motion is pointed up towards a skylight (that never gets direct sun) on a vaulted ceiling. Once the light level gets down to 40, it’s time for my Hubitat to start doing it lighting thing.

Hi all, is there any plan to add this device to the OpenZWave device database?
http://www.openzwave.com/device-database

Thank you,
Matheus Souza.

Yes, but I do have a question (a serious one). Home Assistant does not use the current database of devices from open-zwave right? OpenHAB seems to have its own database. Are there platforms out there that actually pull updated devices from the open-zwave database on a regular basis?