[DEVICE PAGE] Inovelli 4-in-1 motion sensor LZW60

I’ve put a new driver up that should fix this issue.

1 Like

Is 2.03 the current firmware version for this device?
Having moved recently, I’m starting over with a new hub and adding all my devices from scratch, so it seems like a good time to check for updates to everything.

Latest on the ftp is 2.5.
https://files.inovelli.com/firmware/LZW60/Beta/

*This is in the Beta directory. Not sure on latest stable.

Thank you for the fix. It’s working as expected now.

1 Like

Thanks. I saw the beta directory, but no stable versions listed. @EricM_Inovelli, what is the current recommended version?

2.4 is what we used for the latest production I believe. 2.5 Adds the ability to include the device into your network as a repeating device with 5x click of the button. This is meant to be used when USB powered only. Either of those would work.

3 Likes

Hmm, I’m having trouble getting the FW update to install. I downloaded 2.5 and sent it using the hubitat firmware updater. It appeared to go through successfully, but the device page still shows it as running 2.03 afterwards. Same thing after a second run. Am I missing something?

1 Like

if installing the sensor on Hubitat do i need to install a device handler? ive looked at the instructions but do no see it.

@NeighborGeek Can you wake the device up with 3x click on the button. Hubitat should then request a version report.

@adriang809 For best performance and to have access to all of the features you should install the Inovelli drivers.

The link is in the first post.

Sweeeeeeet!

1 Like

@EricM_Inovelli

I’m interested in testing this feature out. I’ve downloaded firmware 2.5 and installed it on one of my LZW60s. The only appreciable change I see so far is that the sensor now reports 0% battery despite being plugged in. Things still seem to be working, i.e. I’m still getting sensor value updates and the associated light still is turning on and off with motion.

I’ve clicked the button 5 times and based on the LED’s response it looks like that triggered something, but I’m not sure.

I would do a Zwave repair and then look at your devices’ hops. See if any are routing through the 4 in 1. If need be, put a battery operated Zwave device near it but with the 4 in 1 between it and the hub to see if you can force the connection.

I believe the zwave hub only knows whether a device is a repeater or not during the device interview process, such as when the device is initially included (I remember reading something about this being true for zwavejs/Home Assistant. Not sure if it is true for other hubs as well).

If you havent already, make sure you re-interview the node after making the change. I am not sure if exclude/re-include will work because the sensor will factory reset itself on exclusion, and that might put it back in non-repeat mode).

@EricM_Inovelli does this setting persist across a factory reset?

EDIT: See comment below. Repeater mode can only be determined during inclusion. The 5x button press is a special inclusion mode. In order to activate this mode, you would need to update the firmware, exclude the device, then re-include using 5x button presses instead of the usual 1x press.

1 Like

@krisk Sorry for the lack of explanation, but repeater mode can only be enabled during inclusion (as per Z-Wave spec). So the device needs to be excluded and then included again. Instead of including the device with a single click on the button on the back, do 5x click to put the sensor into this special inclusion mode.

@EricM_Inovelli ,

Thanks for the clarification. I excluded and reset my LZW60, then re-included with the 5 button press.

It’s reporting that it can route, but it’s also going to sleep. That strikes me as odd, but I’m no Zwave expert.

2021-07-13T13:46:12.160Z CNTRLR « [Node 044] received response for protocol info:
                                  basic device class:    Routing Slave
                                  generic device class:  Notification Sensor
                                  specific device class: Notification Sensor
                                  node type:             Routing End Node
                                  is always listening:   false
                                  is frequent listening: false
                                  can route messages:    true
                                  supports security:     false
                                  supports beaming:      true
                                  maximum data rate:     100000 kbps
                                  protocol version:      3

2021-07-13T13:46:23.861Z CNTRLR   [Node 044] Interviewing Z-Wave Plus Info...
2021-07-13T13:46:23.862Z CNTRLR » [Node 044] querying Z-Wave+ information...
2021-07-13T13:46:23.989Z CNTRLR « [Node 044] received response for Z-Wave+ information:
                                  Z-Wave+ version: 1
                                  role type:       SleepingReportingSlave
                                  node type:       Node
                                  installer icon:  0x0c07
                                  user icon:       0x0c07

2021-07-13T13:46:24.037Z CNTRLR   [Node 044] Interviewing Battery...
2021-07-13T13:46:24.040Z CNTRLR » [Node 044] querying battery status...
2021-07-13T13:46:24.161Z CNTRLR « [Node 044] received response for battery information:
                                  level:                           1

And, as reported before, it’s reporting a dead battery despite being plugged in. A purely cosmetic issue, it seems.

None of my sensors report the correct battery level. 3 of them have been showing 100% for about a year and a half, and one of them has been showing 0% since the day I got it.

Ah. I haven’t had my LZW60s for very long, and both of them I’ve had on wall power. Until the firmware update I’ve seen 100% battery reported across the board.

I did just get a third (today) that I plan on running on battery, so that’s good to know.

You make a good point, the 0% might be caused by the latest firmware. The sensors that are stuck on 100% are on either 2.3 or 2.4. The one that shows 0% is on 2.5

FWIW, I’ve had 2 running for over a year with both still showing 100% on ST. One is one 2.03 and the other I have no idea because ST isn’t reporting it. :thinking:

That does seem a little strange. Can you “refresh” the status of the sensors? If the device is always listening it will respond with sensor values.