[DEVICE PAGE] Inovelli 4-in-1 motion sensor LZW60

It is hidden underneath the battery. :wink:

3 Likes

Does it have support under Vera (either as generic Zwave or defined device)? Looking for an alternative to my dome sensor.

are you also getting these certified for Canada similar to the bulbs?

@cba123 they are certified in Canada and we will have some on the way to Amazon.ca within a few weeks!

1 Like

@PaulT I’ve done some testing on my Vera Plus, and it seems like everything is working except for motion . . . which is strange. It is using the notification command class and is sending a “Home Security - Motion detection”. I’ll reach out to Vera to see what they can do. They will probably have us send them a sample of it so it may take some time for them to figure it out.

I’m having a couple issues with your 4-in-1 sensor. For one it hasn’t updates in over 45 mins now despite being set to update every 60 seconds and having been a 10+ degree and change and showing 32 lux in a pitch black room. Also the temperature is off by about 10 degrees. Is there a way to fix this reporting issue and calibrate the sensors?

With the sensor, is there a way to make it report all its sensor readings anytime it detects motion? My use case is I want to have this in my bathroom, it will turn the light on for motion, but it should also check the temp and RH as well and depending on the value, trigger a switch or 2. Is this possible?

Thanks for any assistance.

Hi there @UberTesla. What hub are you using?

Since this is a “sleeping device” it needs to wake before the config parameters take effect. You can wake it up by triple pressing on the button.

If you are using SmartThings or Hubitat, there is a temperature calibration. There might be for other platforms as well. 10 degrees seems like quite a bit though. Mine seem to be accurate between 1 degree.

As for your question about motion, this would only be possible if the device was plugged in via USB. You would need to setup an automation that would poll the device whenever motion was detected. If the device is battery powered, the hub would poll the device, but it would probably already be back in sleep mode.

@EricM_Inovelli or @Courtney_Inovelli

Can someone shoot me a PM…I just got one of the 4 in 1 sensors (actually a few days ago) and I think (hope) I got a faulty one as my experience is not the same as everyone else’s. Mine has a motion sensing range of less than 10ft even when I just the sensitivity to max.

Can anyone confirm what their sensing distance is. I was REALLY hoping to use this as a replacement in my garage, but the distance has to be somewhere in the 25-35 ft range to make this usable for me.

Every device I have gotten from Inovelli has been spot on so I’m sure this is an anomaly but was hoping for some help.

Thanks guys

Tony

Hey @cba123 & any of our other friends from up north!! If you’re interested, Sensors are now available via Amazon.ca!

@EricM_Inovelli Have you submitted the specs to be added OpenHab zwave database yet as it is not listed

1 Like

HI all i just orded the LZW60 from amazon.ca ll try it on my Fibaro HC2 Hope it works
ill let you guys know how it works

Not yet, I am waiting on some documentation before I can submit.

HI EricM_Inovelli
I received the LZw60 from amazon canada i added it to my Fibaro HC2 was successful
TEMP :working
Humidity : Reading
LUX also :reading
Motion = Never Breached
i tried to delete it and re add it many time with same problem
i added the Parameters 10 12 13 14 15 100 101 102 103 104 110 111 112 113 114 as they are in the manual
i adjust the parameters 12 to (10 for higher sensitivity 8 is default }
and 13 and 14 with all the option still no luck
I know its new if you have any solution will be great
Thanks

Is it never showing motion? Mine shows motion but I have to be within 10ft or less and most of the time it registers. I am having a similar experience though with everything else reporting out as expected but motion being unreliable or non-existent.

Hi @dgmelody, I have done some testing in Fibaro Home Center and it seems that Fibaro is not correctly parsing the notification that the sensor is sending. Perhaps the sensor is using a newer type of intrusion reporting that Home Center needs to be upgraded for?

If you sniff the packets that the sensor sends you can see that it is sending a “Notification Report” of type “Home Security”. This is the packet when motion is detected:

This is the packet when motion stops:

If you look at the z-wave documentation for the Notification Command class, the Home security notification with a value of “8” means motion is detected and when the value is “0” it means that the sensor is idle.

I have an old contact at Fibaro I will try to reach out to to see if they can update their hub, but it has been a long time since we have spoken.

@ffingers You might want to try an exchange to see if you just have a defective sensor. Keep in mind that the range on the sensor is about 15 feet (same as the Aeon Multi-Sensor & Tri-Sensor).

Hmmm… @EricM_Inovelli I’ll try an exchange. The range is only 15ft? I would have thought it be quite a bit more. I looked around and it appears that is fairly common…I really need one that has a bigger range. Hmmm, might have to investigate a little more.

Thanks

Is this sensor at all outdoor rated? I want to use it in a greenhouse to monitor temperature and humidity. It would be mounted where it would be protected from getting sprayed but it does get over 100 degrees in there during the summer. I’m mostly wanting to protect the greenhouse from freezing in the winter.

Thank you for the reply EricM_Inovelli
i tried to associate the motion in setting Association groupe 2 with a light on motion it seems working means the sensor is not defective but fibaro still cant see it as active Motion (same message Never Breached )
Humidity and temp and Lux reporting fine
and yes the distance of the motion with association light is short about 10 to 15 feet detecting motion …
BTW am a fan of the red series dimmer and switches recently i bought about 15 switches and dimmers they are great i like the scenes they work perfect but coudnt make the notification color works on the switches
i sent the templates with the parameters on the manual LZW31-SN and LZW30-SN to fibaro support hope they will add them on the next update .

Thank you for sending the templates to Fibaro. I have not heard back from them so my contact may be stale over there.