Disable Dimming Functionality?

I have two Red Series dimmers both have been flashed to 1.48 and both work the same when I enable the smart bulb mode – It will turn the relay ON but will not let me turn it back off again. – :thinking: maybe I messed up flashing the firmware? I’m not sure, everything else seems to be working as expected.

I have more dimmers in the mail. When they arrive, I will try again to flash firmware and enable smart bulb mode.

I’ll test 1.47 as well. Maybe there is a regression bug? I’ll keep trying. Id really like to get this working. I agree this would be much better than messing with dimming duration as I mentioned before.

Might be. Try them before you flash. They’ll probably be 1.47.

1 Like

Looping in @harjms here. James has a dimmer on 1.48 with a hard wired bulb. He put the dimmer in the Smart Bulb Mode and he was still able to control the light via the switch, which is the expected behavior.

Maybe something went sideways with your flash?

2 Likes

@Bry @troy - Can confirm. Just tested this with my bathroom lights. When Smart Bulb was set, disable local control not defined, I tapped up and the bulbs turned on. When attempted to adjust brightness, the bulbs did not change brightness, but the dimmer LED did adjust like normal. When I tapped down, the bulbs and LED bar turned off.

2 Likes

@Bry @harjms - Thank you :slight_smile:

I’m trying to re-flash the 1.48 firmware. Following these instructions - I have an Aeotec Gen 5 Z-Stick that is connected to Home Assistant via ozwdaemon. I don’t have access to a second z-stick so I am shutting down ozwdaemon, and moving the Gen 5 to a Windows VM, where I have installed the Z-Wave PC Controller software.

When I load LZW31_SN_148.otz there are two targets. However the instructions only cover Target 0, there is no mention of how to handle multiple targets. On the first switch, I assumed I should flash target 0, then repeat the same steps with Target 1 – I was not able to successfully flash Target 1

I noticed both Targets are sending the same number of packets 2524. After the failing to flash Target 1, the switch was completely inoperable. I was able to re-flashed Target 0 without issue and restore the switch to a functioning state. I then assumed the firmware updater automatically flashes both targets.

I’m just guessing here, but if something is wrong, I assume it has to do with flashing Target 1. Can you confirm if Target 1is automatically flashed after Target 0 or should it be flashed separately? It seems odd that both targets the same number of packets.

EDIT to add – I’ve download all files a second time - and it’s the same result. Here’s a shot of flashing Target 1 – Looks identical to flashing Target 0 except it just hangs at the end.

Flash Target 0 with the 1.48.otz file. Falsh Target 1 with the 1.47.bin file

1 Like

Ok that looks better!

The bin file didn’t show up in the open dialog until you tell it to show all files. Because it didn’t show up by default, I didn’t realize I needed to select it. :man_facepalming: I though Target 1 was populated because it detected the bin file alongside the otz