Do you sometimes have to push harder on your switches?

I thought this was just me in a hurry, but there are repeatable times where I push the switch, and nothing happens. I’ll have to give it a hard jab to make it take effect. Now I’ve seen my wife have to double-push, which means we are close to a conversation about “you’re pushing it wrong”

Does anyone else get this occasionally?

This happens across reds and blacks, dimmers or straight on/off but particularly on one of my Reds + On/Off switch. The on/off seems to have it more frequently, and more when I push Off. It’s not frequent enough that I can film it, but I know something isn’t right. These have only been up for a couple months.

Are the loads hard-wired, associated or scenes?

Hi Bry.

Straight forward as can be:

• Hardwired
  • Neutral
  • No scenes, no associations.

One is a dimmer on a three way (w/ dumb switch). Other is a Red on/off. I hear the switch plastic “press”, but not the “click” from the relay.

Both are running 1.48, but I’d be surprised if it was a software thing. I haven’t had these long enough to know if software changed anything since I started with 1.48.

I had this happen to me with 1.47. I felt the click but nothing happen.

You’ll only have a relay click from a switch, not the dimmer.

1 Like

Yes, I just wanted to make the delineation that there is still the physical noise of a button being pressed.

1 Like

I’ve definitely noticed this. I’ve been able to push the switch rocker, hear the audible click (from the physical noise of the microswitch being depressed) and not have the light come on. One time I was able to do it three times in a row (and yes, I waited several seconds between each tap).

All my switches have locally-connected loads, so it’s not because a command is getting is lost.

I was actually hoping it was a software bug, possibly related to de-bounce logic, or detecting double and triple taps?

I think an updated firmware version with an (optional, of course; you’d need to enable it) debugging feature that flashed the light bar (for like 250ms at a user-settable brightness/color) whenever a “tap” was detected would be very useful. Enabling this debug mode could also indicate whether a single, double or triple tap was detected by showing different patterns on the light bar (for a second or two) after the “tap detection” sequence is done:

Taps:
1 2 3
~ ~ ~
0 0 1
0 0 1
0 0 0
0 1 1
0 1 1
0 0 0
1 1 1
1 1 1

The “flash light bar on press” would provide positive indication the tap was detected when your “hear” it, and then after the “multi tap delay” expires, an indication of how many taps.

1 Like