Dumb question for Red 2-1's and individually configurable LEDs default on/off color

I’ll start by saying I’m 99% sure I already know the answer given the fact I don’t see any similarly named parameters in the documentation or otherwise, but can anyone confirm if it’s possible to set individual LEDs colors with a specific color value, something like “Default LED1 Color When Off” or “Default LED1 Color When On”? It would be pretty fun to have half the switch red and the other half green for the holidays. Or set the switch to red, white and blue for July 4th.

I see we have the parameters 95 and 96 for all LEDs, but the only other places I see control for single LEDs is as a notification. And doing it this way would still be very possible, just configure a notification to run indefinitely, but I was hoping it might be possible to set it as a default color and not a notification. And I might just be misunderstanding things on my end, which I would love to be the case!

I don’t recall for certain, but I believe those parameters from the Blue 2-1 would’ve carried over as well and may just not have been directly exposed if you wanted to try - Starts at P60.

1 Like

It appears those parameters did not get carried over to the Red 2-1 and I’m not sure why. Seems like they should be there. (60-63 missing for LED1, and the same for the other leds)

1 Like

Yeah that’s a bummer. Would be nice to have these parameters as an option in the future! Until then, I can just set up an indefinite notification to have my dumb holiday LED effect :slight_smile:

Thanks all!

There are notifications for each LED. The OP asked about on and off color per LED and that doesn’t exist on either switch.

If you’re using Home Assinstant then make sure to enable all the Entities for them which will make it easier to use them.

@chack linked the docs for the Blue 2-1 which does support Default colors per LED when on and off. Params 60-93.

@mamber’s screenshot is looking at the Red 2-1 which does not support Default colors per LED when on and off, only notifications.

It looks like this was missed when going from the Blue to the Red. CC: @Eric_Inovelli @EricM_Inovelli

1 Like

Right, I was wondering if this was still in there and undocumented. IE - if you try to change Param 60 as an example and see if the switch responds…worst case it says no because it doesn’t exist and that confirms they aren’t just missing from documentation. I’ve got my Red 2-1 disconnected atm otherwise I would’ve double checked.

Sorry, the Blue got the settings for on:off but you’ll notice it doesn’t have the notification parameters, which the Red got instead.

The Blues have the both the individual LED on/off, all LED on/off, as well as the notifications.

I confirmed its not just missing from the docs. The Red 2-1 does not recognize those specific parameters (which I think it should). Need official comment from @Eric_Inovelli or @EricM_Inovelli to see if this is a bug or an intentional omission.

2 Likes

During development the engineers said they could not fit this functionality onto the Z-Wave 800 storage footprint so it was sidelined. I can ask again about it, but that is why it currently is not there.

1 Like

I was afraid that was the reason the feature wasn’t included.

I would love to see this feature added to the switch at some point if possible, but completely understand the storage space limitation of why it wasn’t included initially. Thanks Eric!