Employee Feature - Courtney (AMA)

DRUM ROLL PLEASE

Our first Inovelli Employee Feature is: Courtney!

Operations Manager

What do you do?

A little bit of everything! I manage all our projects with our manufacturer, ship out orders, answer customer service tickets and oversee our customer service team, check-in RMA’s, I do our accounting and pay the bills, etc.

What is your favorite part of your job?

Kicking off a new project! Also when I go to the forum and see the excitement that people have for our products. I know how hard we work behind the scenes so to see people appreciating that is lovely.

What is your current favorite movie?

I just watched “I Care a Lot” on Netflix and it was really good!

What is your current favorite song?

I’ve been listening to “Drivers License” by Olivia Rodrigo on repeat

What is your current favorite food?

The answer is always chicken! But I’m obsessed with a good chicken caesar salad right now.

What is your favorite smart home product?

My Wyze camera! I do also really love our fan/light switches I have in all the bedrooms in my house.

What is your favorite smart home automation?

I love being able to set a time to turn my lights on at home at 6:00pm in the winter, even if I’m away! That makes sure my dog has some light when it gets dark outside early and makes it appear that someone is home which is nice. I also like being able to double tap the light at the top of my basement stairs and it turns the family room and laundry room light on all at once!

What do some of her teammates have to say?

“Courtney is literally the glue that holds Inovelli together. From finance to logistics, to project management, she has her hand in everything and we wouldn’t be the company we are without her.”

“Courtney is a jack of all trades, bringing expertise to every single aspect of the Inovelli team.”

“Courtney was incredibly helpful during my first few days here. She helped me fully understand what Inovelli is all about!”

“Courtney is as good at logistics as she is as spitting Cardi B verses… a little too good.”

Now that you’ve gotten to know Courtney a bit, you can ask her questions for yourself! Drop your questions below :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hey @Courtney_Inovelli! I have a few questions I’ve been dying to know.

1. What’s your stance on the United States foreign policy?
  2. If you had one shot or one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted, in one moment, would you capture it or just let it slip?
  3. Paper or plastic?

Kidding aside, here are my real questions:

1. What’s been your craziest experience here (could be customer service ticket, could be an adventure, etc)?
  2. Do you have a favorite project you’ve worked on?
2 Likes

What did you do before Inovelli? Have you lived in MI your entire life?

Sounds like you do a LOT more than I had realized. Props for keeping up with us (the end users)!

2 Likes
  1. What’s your stance on the United States foreign policy?
  2. If you had one shot or one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted, in one moment, would you capture it or just let it slip?
  3. Paper or plastic?
  1. I don’t talk politics with anyone, but lets just say I do wish those tariffs would DIAF.
  2. I would let it slip away. Sorry.
  3. Paper. Someone has to save the environment.
  1. What’s been your craziest experience here (could be customer service ticket, could be an adventure, etc)?
  2. Do you have a favorite project you’ve worked on?
  1. I don’t think I’m legally allowed to say. Kidding! Craziest thing was probably when the Secret Service showed up to our office. Or the summer of 2019 when the banks across the street were robbed almost daily. CES 2020 was also one of the best experiences I’ve had at Inovelli so far! #OurStory
  2. I would say Fan + Light Switch! It was the first project I worked on basically all the way through and it was a great learning experience and came with a lot of valuable lessons.
2 Likes

Thanks for playing along @kreene1987!

What did you do before Inovelli? Have you lived in MI your entire life?

I was in real estate for 10 years before switching careers and joining Inovelli! I was licensed but mostly worked on the back end as the office manager, processing closings and contracts, putting listings into the MLS, paying everyone on our team, etc.

I was born at Andrews Air Force Base in MD as my dad was in the Air Force at the time. Shortly after we came back to Michigan and I have lived here my whole life except for a short 3 month stint I lived in New Orleans!

1 Like

I love how your first answer to favorite smart home product is not an Inovelli product. :stuck_out_tongue: Although you did add one in after the fact, lol. Maybe Inovelli needs to get into the camera biz next??

Please, dear god, NO! That market is flooded…

@Courtney_Inovelli how did you and the rest of the team meet? College? High school? Also what kind of :dog: ?

No worries there! No camera business for us.

3 Likes

@Courtney_Inovelli how did you and the rest of the team meet? College? High school? Also what kind of :dog: ?

Eric H and Nathan have known each other since college, but the rest of us all met when we were hired!

My dog is a Yorkie/Poodle mix! He’s a little guy - 8 lbs!

2 Likes

Pics!

3 Likes

Hehe. Unless you are talking about ONVIF compatible doorbell cameras. Apparently no one makes one of those in a sub $200 price range or compact housing.

1 Like

Scavenger Hunt

1 Like

Scavenger Hunt!

1 Like

You’ve got your points!! :four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

You’ve got second place and your points!! :four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Scavenger Hunt! Am I too late?

So close Stu! But you are too late!

1 Like