Fan & Light Switch (Project Hurricane)

@anon14959390 - wake up and get this man his link lol!

@Eric_Inovelli @keithInMI

Iā€™ll get it up tonight!

thatā€™s what she said!

1 Like

@keithInMI lol. The page is live. Enjoy your pre-order!

Link still not working.

The link worked for me just now. I ordered two of them.

1 Like

Does anyone have the dimensions for the RF Module that needs to be tucked into the canopy?

@SirDeadlystrike I dont have the exact measurements, but based on the fusion360 model in the original post, it appears to be approx 114mm x 50mm x 22mm

It should be small enough to fit in a standard fan canopy.

https://community.inovelli.com/uploads/default/original/1X/f066f4655f26fb13c3dc5e1ac6ef4eb877d114be.jpeg

1 Like

Looking to get these for a few of my rooms but i have a large living room with one switch that controls 2 fans with lights. Will there be an option to add a second unit for the fan tied to the same switch? Or is there another way to do this?

Sense the communication from Switch to the canopy module is now using 2.4Ghz will there be an option to configure the channel used so that it doesnā€™t interfere with existing wifi/zigbee as much?

I am so excited about this. My house only has a single switch to control either the fan or the light. I have a fan in one room that requires a remote so the switch isnā€™t even used because it would just kill the power entirely to my fan/smart bulbs. I would love this product for that room to replace itā€™s remote box with yours to give me smart wall control.

Sounds like this will do the trick. In for at least one!

Unfortunately, no these were designed to only communicate with one canopy module at a time :frowning: ā€“ we actually didnā€™t realize this was a common setup (one switch, multiple fans) when we first designed it.

Great question ā€“ no, there isnā€™t a way to do this. @EricM_Inovelli may be able to explain it a bit further, but I donā€™t think it will have too much interference with your 2.4Ghz network.

@GTiceman ā€“ thanks for the support, it means a lot!

1 Like

There is not a way to change the channel that it uses, but we havenā€™t had any reports of interference within our group and our beta testers.

1 Like

This is exactly what Iā€™m looking for, in for one probably 2 more. Any updates on the timeline?

Iā€™m so excited about this, especially since itā€™s almost ceiling fan season. I figured Iā€™d check in to see if there were any updates, and then I realized I never put my pre-order in. Doh! I just took care of it. Hopefully Iā€™m not too deep in the queue!

Would it not just be a software thing that I get a second canopy module that is on the same frequency as the first? Then when the switch sends a command both modules receive the same signal? I dont want to control the fans independently I just want them to both work off the one switch. Both fans will always be in the same state (on or off, high or low). Basically i just need 1 switch pared with 2 modules.

I am interested in project hurricane, The house we bough last year seem to have every fixture controlled in 3/4 way setups.

I saw in an earlier post someone asked the question but I never found the answer so I will bring it up again.

I have fan/light in my living room that is controlled from 4 places. I am curious if it would be possible to use 4 different wall switches to control one canopy unit.

Right now I have the Light controlled by the 4-way switches and the fan with constant power (controlled by the pull chain) It would be really awesome to have control over the Fan at the wall/via smartthings!

No, unfortunately this missed the specs this time. The reason is that most of the electrical components that control the motor and light are housed in the canopy itself and the switch acts more like a remote.

So, directly wiring other switches to it will not work.

As for multiple Inovelli switches, let me dig further into this with the engineers. Iā€™d think that in theory you would be able to connect the line/neutral wire to each switch like whatā€™s done here and then use Z-Wave Association to send signals from those switches to the master switch that is connected to the canopy.

@EricM_Inovelli ā€“ do you think this is possible?

Iā€™ll continue to check with the Project Manager and engineers, but itā€™s my understanding that one switch can only communicate with one module at this time.

I have a PM out to Project Manager and will update shortly.

You could always use a remote for the other switch locations it would introduce a tiny bit of lag but should be able to accomplish the same thing however there arenā€™t many options that sit over a switch or switch plate space yet.

1 Like

If you can re wire, can you not have one switch, 1 module, then rewire the load side of module to both fans?