Fan switch compatibility? New fan purchase

I worried by purchasing a fan with a remote and I think maybe I should get one with pull chains. I can’t have the smart switch not work while the electrician is here.

I think I will buy the Hunter Parmer fan and the Inovelli Switch. Why does Inovelli use 1 wire and an RF receiver compared to other switches taking 3 wires? Is it for compatibility with many configurations?

I must order my items by tonight for my scheduled install date. I imagine the electrician is going to run 3 wires since its totally new in the room and thats what I’ll request.

Maybe I shall buy multiple items to try and return the ones that don’t work, that solves my worries.

The Zooz looks like a great switch, however it doesn’t support fan speeds

It seems quite difficult to locate a switch that is a combo light and fan. I’m considering asking the electrician to change the existing light switch into a double gang box to use other switches like the Homeseer with 2 switches 1 fan 1 light.

The simplest solution appears to be Inovelli.

It’s a solution for when you don’t have a 3-wire going to the fan, or when you don’t have a 2-gang box for separate switches. Some older homes only have a 2-wire run to the fan, or just have the feed at the fan, relying on pull chains for the light and fan operation.

Yep the Inovelli solution is one size fits all approach.