Fan switch compatibility? New fan purchase

I worried by purchasing a fan with a remote and I think maybe I should get one with pull chains. I can’t have the smart switch not work while the electrician is here.

I think I will buy the Hunter Parmer fan and the Inovelli Switch. Why does Inovelli use 1 wire and an RF receiver compared to other switches taking 3 wires? Is it for compatibility with many configurations?

I must order my items by tonight for my scheduled install date. I imagine the electrician is going to run 3 wires since its totally new in the room and thats what I’ll request.

Maybe I shall buy multiple items to try and return the ones that don’t work, that solves my worries.

The Zooz looks like a great switch, however it doesn’t support fan speeds

It seems quite difficult to locate a switch that is a combo light and fan. I’m considering asking the electrician to change the existing light switch into a double gang box to use other switches like the Homeseer with 2 switches 1 fan 1 light.

The simplest solution appears to be Inovelli.

It’s a solution for when you don’t have a 3-wire going to the fan, or when you don’t have a 2-gang box for separate switches. Some older homes only have a 2-wire run to the fan, or just have the feed at the fan, relying on pull chains for the light and fan operation.

2 Likes

Yep the Inovelli solution is one size fits all approach.