Firmware v1.48 (Beta) | LZW31-SN | Dimmer - Red Series (Gen 2)

@flatttop good to know.

@EricM_Inovelli @Eric_Inovelli - Something to look at here.

1 Like

You are correct. This is happening to me as well.

2 Likes

That is great if shows the version in Hubitat.

The reported version is correct for both targets. I had just renamed the file to match the otz version when it was released.

1 Like

Thanks for this update! Any chance we can look to reduce the delay for press-and-hold below 700ms? Still feels just a little sluggish for those of us envious of our Insteon friends.

We are working on an adjustable delay. Options will be 100ms - 900ms.

7 Likes

Amazing. Thank you!!

@EricM_Inovelli Great to hear it’s now being worked on! Are you working on it for both multiple taps and press and hold?

I believe it will apply to both scenarios.

2 Likes

Thank you.
I still have 5 more Reds to update.
So that I’m clear…
1.48 otz T0 pairs with
1.41 bin T1?

1.48 OTZ to T0; 1.47.bin to T1.

But…

1.47 bin SAYS it is 1.41 bin once installed.

That’s the source of my original question.

2 Likes

Ahhh got it. Yes, I believe @EricM_Inovelli did confirm that. Maybe the next .bin file will reflect the filename version.

2 Likes

I purchased a refurbished dimmer late December and it came with 1.35… Am I correct in assuming the only way for me to get 1.48 and Smart Bulb Mode (what I bought it for) is to purchase a USB zwave dongle or a hubitat?

Unless your hub has OTA update abilities you’d either need a Z-Wave stick to do it from a computer or if your hub uses a Z-Wave stick rather than the Z-Wave radio integrated inside the hub you can most likely shutdown your hub and pull that stick to use it to update, although if you have a lot of devices connected to the stick it will likely be challenging to identify the device you want to update.

You can still accomplish, “smart bulb mode” with 1.35. We just made it, “easier” with 1.48 in that it’s just a toggle now (and we tweaked the output setting).

Can you let me know what bulb you’re trying to accomplish this with?

In regards to the refurbished products, we don’t flash them with the latest firmware as that would take forever (there’s only 7 of us, with Courtney being the sole person who checks in refurbs) – it’s about a 5 min procedure (minimum) and there are a ton of refurbs that come in. It’s something we can look at doing in the future.

I understand the work involved with flashing all of the refurbished products and that it would be an arduous task. However, I keep noticing issues with firmware on these switches as if the previous owners caused problems and returned them. For example, the latest one I installed says it’s 1.48 but the white LED option displays as red, suggesting the bin wasn’t flashed correctly. Regardless on this, I will probably be picking up a hubitat soon to fix all of this.

To answer your question though in the meantime, they’re hue bulbs. However, I don’t want to derail the thread topic with my issues.

Which hub are you using and what method are you using to change the LED to white? There was a bug at some point where the driver or device handler was not changing the LED to white. If it isn’t that then it probably didn’t have target 1 flashed with the .bin file during the firmware update.

I’m using Smartthings and I’m using smartthings settings to change it to white. I have other dimmers that this works on, but not on a couple of the refurbished ones I recently purchased. I have a hubitat coming and plan on flashing the new firmware.

Make sure you have the latest device handler. Dated 11/13/20

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/InovelliUSA/SmartThingsInovelli/master/devicetypes/inovelliusa/inovelli-dimmer-red-series-lzw31-sn.src/inovelli-dimmer-red-series-lzw31-sn.groovy