Firmware v1.48 (Beta) | LZW31-SN | Dimmer - Red Series (Gen 2)

Amazing. Thank you!!

@EricM_Inovelli Great to hear itā€™s now being worked on! Are you working on it for both multiple taps and press and hold?

I believe it will apply to both scenarios.

2 Likes

Thank you.
I still have 5 more Reds to update.
So that Iā€™m clearā€¦
1.48 otz T0 pairs with
1.41 bin T1?

1.48 OTZ to T0; 1.47.bin to T1.

Butā€¦

1.47 bin SAYS it is 1.41 bin once installed.

Thatā€™s the source of my original question.

2 Likes

Ahhh got it. Yes, I believe @EricM_Inovelli did confirm that. Maybe the next .bin file will reflect the filename version.

2 Likes

I purchased a refurbished dimmer late December and it came with 1.35ā€¦ Am I correct in assuming the only way for me to get 1.48 and Smart Bulb Mode (what I bought it for) is to purchase a USB zwave dongle or a hubitat?

Unless your hub has OTA update abilities youā€™d either need a Z-Wave stick to do it from a computer or if your hub uses a Z-Wave stick rather than the Z-Wave radio integrated inside the hub you can most likely shutdown your hub and pull that stick to use it to update, although if you have a lot of devices connected to the stick it will likely be challenging to identify the device you want to update.

You can still accomplish, ā€œsmart bulb modeā€ with 1.35. We just made it, ā€œeasierā€ with 1.48 in that itā€™s just a toggle now (and we tweaked the output setting).

Can you let me know what bulb youā€™re trying to accomplish this with?

In regards to the refurbished products, we donā€™t flash them with the latest firmware as that would take forever (thereā€™s only 7 of us, with Courtney being the sole person who checks in refurbs) ā€“ itā€™s about a 5 min procedure (minimum) and there are a ton of refurbs that come in. Itā€™s something we can look at doing in the future.

I understand the work involved with flashing all of the refurbished products and that it would be an arduous task. However, I keep noticing issues with firmware on these switches as if the previous owners caused problems and returned them. For example, the latest one I installed says itā€™s 1.48 but the white LED option displays as red, suggesting the bin wasnā€™t flashed correctly. Regardless on this, I will probably be picking up a hubitat soon to fix all of this.

To answer your question though in the meantime, theyā€™re hue bulbs. However, I donā€™t want to derail the thread topic with my issues.

Which hub are you using and what method are you using to change the LED to white? There was a bug at some point where the driver or device handler was not changing the LED to white. If it isnā€™t that then it probably didnā€™t have target 1 flashed with the .bin file during the firmware update.

Iā€™m using Smartthings and Iā€™m using smartthings settings to change it to white. I have other dimmers that this works on, but not on a couple of the refurbished ones I recently purchased. I have a hubitat coming and plan on flashing the new firmware.

Make sure you have the latest device handler. Dated 11/13/20

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/InovelliUSA/SmartThingsInovelli/master/devicetypes/inovelliusa/inovelli-dimmer-red-series-lzw31-sn.src/inovelli-dimmer-red-series-lzw31-sn.groovy

@EricM_Inovelli Do you have any information on the new firmware file (1.52)? Perhaps a solution for the dimmer level when using smart bulbs? :wink:

2 Likes

Ahhhh! I just flashed 1.48 to all of my dimmers tonight!

Edit: Also why is the bin 1.52_1.43

@EricM_Inovelli, so, i am getting this error with the bin file for target 1

2021-01-24 12:20:12.582 am errorjava.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out on line 395 (firmwareStore)

Any idea why I might be getting this. Hubitat C-5

Man, do you have a notification set up when we post something to the firmware site? Lol

It should have the smart bulb fix as well as several other things. I am interested everything yet so that is why I havenā€™t created a knowledge base article for it.

Hey, not sure. I havenā€™t tested flashing with hubitat yet. I flashed with PC controller last night.

Thatā€™s classified :wink:

Just to confirm, smart bulb mode with this release eliminates the need to disable the bypass? Just configure association and done?

Iā€™m guessing you mean you are still testing. If thatā€™s the case Iā€™ll wait for the KB before testing things.

1 Like