Firmware v1.55 (Beta) | LZW31-SN | Dimmer - Red Series (Gen 2)

Yup. Double checked that. Used the right file. One of my switches is fully upgraded. This one failed partly through and got bricked. I can’t get it back to life.

Has anyone else noticed that this firmware or another recent version (I was updating from 1.48) seems to have resulted in a different minimum dimming level being required?

Example, I have ~15 Halo RL56129S1EWHR on a four different circuits. Since updating to firmware v1.55 I’ve had to increase parameter 5 to as high as 50 on one of these circuits where a value 38 was working 100% reliably previously (and continues to work on the other circuits). Really the only thing different about this circuit compared to the others is that it has two extra lights and is also using a dumb auxiliary switch.

I have not tried flashing back to v1.48 to confirm if this issue goes away.

EDIT: I am actually still able to reproduce this on the older firmware. Very strange. I’m now wondering if changing the CCT setting makes a difference (I’ve changed it twice since I originally tested these).

What platform are you using? That parameter is supposedly limited to 45 max - although its been requested to update the firmware to allow higher values. Even with v1.55 I still can’t set it above 45 with the Hubitat driver but I wish I could set it to 50 or even higher…

I’ve read this thread, but i’m still not sure how SBM different than me disabling the relay by hitting the config button 8 times. Does SBM also ignore zwave actions to turn off/on power?

I’m using Z-Wave JS on Home Assistant. I can definitely set this to higher than 45 on v1.55.

Have you queried the device parameters to see if it actually gets set in the device? This previous thread indicates that the limit is hardcoded in the firmware not the device handler. Its possible that HA is not restricting the range, but the internal firmware may just be ignoring the 50 and internally limiting it to 45 (or less).

I’m having some issues with my 3-way with this update, on a non-smart bulb. It seems like my AUX switch turns on and off the dimmer, I hear a click and the LED dims and it says “off” in Hubitat, but the load does not turn on and off unless I use the master switch. I’ve tried 3-way toggle and 3-way momentary. I had to have it on 3-way momentary before this update.

We don’t say “disable the relay” anymore; it is now “disable local control”. SBM just ensures that the load always has 100% power, so if you turn the switch device itself on/off it will just affect the LED and switch state, but it will still be outputting 100% power to the smart bulbs, which you would have to control using scenes. Same for dimming, it will change the level of the LED but will still output 100% power to the load.

We definitely do say it still. @Eric_Inovelli has a sweater that says it. It will be here forever!

3 Likes

And THAT . . . . is unfortunate :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Does the LED bar operate as normal when controlled by the aux switch?

When the switch is in 3-way toggle mode, the aux switch turns the master switch on and off, but it does not change the load. I can hear the master switch clicking, the LED turns on and off and the state is updated in the hub, but the load stays off.

When the switch is in 3-way momentary mode, the aux switch can turn the load off but not on. When it turns the load off, the LED on the dimmer goes to its off setting and the state is reflected on the hub, but I do not hear clicking. Once turned off with the aux switch, the aux switch isn’t able to turn the light on.

It is a GE 46200 and I know it is not on the tested list but it worked before 1.55 when set under 3-way momentary.

One step better than that actually. I verified this by increasing parameter 5 by 10 (IE: 40 → 50) and then setting the current level to 1. If the value is accepted / being used then the light will get brighter, despite setting the level to 1. I confirmed that this works up until at least 90 on v1.55 but didn’t test beyond that.

I’ve lost track of how many different times I’ve flash back and forth and tried different parameters at this point, but I think I’ve identified what leads to the issue.

Everything behaves exactly as expected until I configured the ‘master’ dimmer as being a three way with a dumb switch. With it configured as a three way I must increase the minimum dimming level by quite a bit.

Looking at the change log, this sounds very much like what weas supposed to have been resolved in v1.51:

Fixed: Issue where the same value of parameter 5 (Minimum Level) appears inconsistently when both parameters 21 (Power Type =1 - Neutral) and 22 (Switch Type = 1 – 3-Way) are set to 1.

Any thoughts @EricM_Inovelli? Please let me know if there is any further testing I can do to help get this issue resolved in the firmware.

HI @EricM_Inovelli

Any idea how I can revive this? or is it dead?

So far my dimmers (S2) stopped reporting back to the hub after the update (scene control, current states, logging, etc) - nothing would resolve this other than a factory reset. I had one without security enabled that worked fine after resetting parameter 50 and 51.

All seems ok now but Hubitat still doesn’t receive a button 7 held (or anything) with a double-tap of the config button. Any ideas?

I’ve seen this happen if association group 01 lost device 01. Thats the lifeline group that reports events back to the hub. Once I added it back things started working. Check that next time.

1 Like

I can’t think of anything if you can’t get it into a state where you can do an exclusion or a factory reset.

@Mr_B Unfortunately the extra scenes for the config button have been walked back as there was not currently enough room to keep them.

1 Like

There seems to be something off about the 3 way settings in this version. I am working with the engineer on it.

No worries. I think the flashing of Target1 may have bricked that one. I ordered 4 more switches, 1 to replace, and a few backups in case another one dies for some reason.