Hey Canada, we got you! 🇨🇦

My Aartech 10 pk looks funny…

2 Likes

22 dimmers and 10 switches. Replaced all but a few.

3 ways, they are damn hard to wrap one’s head around. I’m thankful for this guide. https://azhb.com/how-to/three-way-switch-how-to/ and my suicide stick.

2 x 3 ways. (I have 2/4 of the dimmers.)
2 x switches. (Still need to get.)
4 x fan switches. (Still need to get.)

PS: I think it might be helpful if Aartech get some of those proper 10 packs. To reduce waste.

3 Likes

Great news. I haven’t checked the forum recently but I am very excited to see that product is available again!

Say, is there any of those blowout devices still there or did they get ordered up in the last 2 days since @Eric_Inovelli posted that count? Really bummed I missed that…

ha ha. We will get them proper ones moving forward.

Everything is gone from our Amazon.ca account so no sales at the moment. Sorry!

Any news on when AARTech will get Ilumin bulbs? It looks like your official US web store is out of stock as well.

@Chrisml I suspect they aren’t going to restock either Ilumin bulb once they run out. I think the plan would be to release a 700 series version, which has it’s own challenges due to the actual z-wave chip order minimums.

Assuming a 700 series version is released it will likely be an inovelli branded version. The 4-in-1 sensor is in the same boat last I saw.

That being said there is always hope they do a small re-stock until new versions can be released.

@Eric_Inovelli Any chance of an official post regarding these products? It seems like both are becoming more popular (likely because they can’t be purchased). I’m glad I have a small stash to hold me over.

1 Like

Amazon.ca can still get them from the USA store

I’m glad I bought 2 dozen before this. It’s hard to get good Zwave bulbs up here!

So this is something that is super frustrating for us – we actually do NOT have any bulbs in stock, save for a few we are keeping for replacement purposes. None in the US and none in Canada/Aartech. We did not send any bulbs to Aartech.

We have talked endlessly with Amazon to get them to remove this because they know we do not have the bulbs in stock, our US listing is closed (unless someone returns a bulb it may become available for purchase again) but they refuse to do anything. So instead, every time someone orders a bulb in Canada this way, we end up having to cancel their order which dings our Amazon Seller account badly. It’s very frustrating.

So, long story short - no bulbs in stock at all! I can let @Eric_Inovelli speak more to this, but to my understanding after we had a conversation with the manufacturer we likely won’t be doing 700 series chips. The manufacturer would be required to purchase 1 Million chips from Silicon Labs and they say they have not even sold 1 million units of the 500 series chip bulbs, so it doesn’t make sense for them to go that route. We will likely stick with the 500 series chips for the bulbs and my guess is they will be back in stock early next year.

2 Likes

@Courtney_Inovelli nailed it. My thoughts exactly lol. Caught between a rock and a hard place!

1 Like

Have you talked with Amazon.com or amazon.ca?

I’m late to the party here but still wanted to clarify. We stocked up on singles - LOTS of them. We didn’t know there was a separate 10 pack. So we are selling singles at 10 pack pricing to meet the demand for discounted quantities. We’ve been talking with Inovelli and at some point will likely stock the bulk packs too.

Robert
Aartech

1 Like

Agreed… and to cut our cost a bit on the product and save on the shipping box size. We’ll get there.

Robert
Aartech

1 Like

Has Aartech made the decision to stop selling on Amazon? I know the products were listed by them a little more expensive on Amazon, but I have a gift card I was going to use to buy an inovelli switch, only to find most of the Inovelli stuff they prey previously had listed no longer sold by them.

@eric_inovelli

It’s looks as if inovelli switches are no longer listed on aartech’s website. I sent them a note but haven’t heard. It looks like red series is in stock on the inovelli site so I’m assuming stock isn’t the problem.

Any idea if aartech will carry? Any other Canadian distributors?

Thx

~Mike W.

They didn’t send any stock to aartech in this last batch so your best bet is going to be to order direct -

@MikeWatson We typically reply very quickly during business hours so if you didn’t hear back maybe we didn’t get your message or it went to spam.

I thought I’d chime in here to give fellow Canadians an update.

Given the supply issues they’re facing, and without discussing this with them, I can only assume Inovelli prefers or needs to stick to a direct model to maximize margins, reduce costs, and stretch out their stock as long as possible.

Eric has been incredibly open in the forums about the issues they’ve faced and I think they’re having enough trouble feeding their local direct market let alone keeping a distributor in the mix. Not to mention all the crazy challenges they’ve faced.

In the mean time Aartech obviously has to support brands that are willing and able to support us. The door is left open for future conversations with Inovelli.

7 Likes

Thanks for both replies above.

First I didn’t mean to imply that response time at Aartech is slow. I emailed on a Friday afternoon and heard back on Monday morning. Less than one business day. Solid. I posted the above question in the interim.

Aartech has been amazing for Canadians to source all of their smart home gear. I hope that Inovelli products become available with Aartech sooner than later - great devices and a great distributor create a winning recipe for Canadian smart homes. While we can obtain direct from Inovelli, there is additional uncertainty, timing and costs.

Fingers crossed.

~Mike W.

2 Likes

Thanks Mike! Aartech’s been around for almost 20 years now can you believe it? It all started with X10. My how times have changed.

Take care

Ah, I was wondering why I hadn’t seen Inovelli switches at Aartech for quite some time… I’ve been waiting to buy a couple of the red switches. Hopefully the new year will bring some stock back to Aartech! Good luck with all the all the supply challenges Inovelli and Aartech.