Home Assistant ZWave JS and Firmware Update

I’ve used the updater tool builtin to jzwavejs2mqtt quite extensively with good success. I haven’t tried the new tool yet. Hopefully it works just as well.

1 Like

I would imagine they used the same firmware update code that has existed in zwaveJS2MQTT for some time and only modified things to create the HA interface to control it. The zwaveJS2MQTT update tool works well, so as long as HA controls it correctly then it should be good to use.

1 Like

I attempted the updates yesterday and the process was great on the first switch, The steps were really easy however on switch 2 and 3 I am running into problems.

1 Switch I was able to update the otz (0) and the bin (1) but after the restart the device is now unknown. I assumed that I did something wrong and tried another. The OTZ updated smoothly but when attempting to do the BIN file is reports upload failed.

Have I just killed two switches, any advice?

I would re-start zwaveJS and try one of the devices again.

Thanks, I had attempted that and it did not correct the issue.

I did a complete factory reset on the switch, excluded and included the switch. It now reports with the updated firmware. Not sure what happened but everything seems to be working correctly.