Hubitat Bulbs LZW41 and LZW42 Drivers

@dgrekov fix pushed to github

Sweet!!! They merged my fixes … You can go back to using the inovelli official drivers

1 Like

Pushed a fix for a reporting issue when switching from color to ct modes… Issued another pull request…

@bcopeland We have merged that pull request as well. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the work on these!

2 Likes

Anytime @EricM_Inovelli… I had fun doing it

2 Likes

I pushed an update to my GitHub on a couple of minor bug fixes… I also updated the command class versions to match the actual devices command class versions…

Unexpected side benefit … it seems to reduce chatter…

If no bugs reported I will create a pull request to merge into official

Hey @bcopeland

Any chance we could get the special effects like the Aeotec written in the drivers?

• lightEffects : {1=Christmas, 2=Fire, 3=Flash, 4=Police, 5=Random Colors Fast, 6=Random Colors Slow}

-Travis

There would have to be hardware support for the effects… Driver level effects would be too network intensive

Just pushed a major update to the bulb drivers LZW-41/LZW-42:

• major re-write for new coding standards / cleanup
  • stabilization of color temp and color reporting
  • re-organization of device data for standardization / addition of serialnumber, hardware ver, protocol ver, firmware
  • re-work of associations
  • fix of long-standing bug in lowest CT range

This update should also help alleviate delay issues when sending commands to many bulbs at once…

I recommend hitting configure on your devices after updating… But this is not required…

You can get them now from:

and:

I have issued a pull request to Inovelli’s official github:

Original thread on Hubitat community:

Tagging @EricM_Inovelli

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks for doing that. Question, I see in your setColor and setColorTemperature methods that you are querying the bulb after changing its color. I believe the bulb automatically sends its color status after changing the color to the lifeline association group (group 1). So I think you are creating extra traffic with that and it can be left out. Otherwise, great job!

Edit: I may have been querying the colors in my original driver so that may be where you can that bit from. I think I changed it in the device handlers I sent to SmartThings for WWST certification.

1 Like

Annoyingly this doesn’t always work… The problems I have had with removing this totally is that if one of the values does not change it will not report …
Also since it is using switchColor CC V2 instead of V3 we don’t get targetValue … so if you are using a transition time it will get stuck in a middle value…
So what I did was schedule the query for after transition duration… Makes it so much more stable and predictable…

Nice, Ok. That makes sense. :slight_smile:

1 Like

and I really like the transition time… it’s not a jolt to the new color or colorTemp… it’s a nice smooth transition… but it made reporting almost useless.

I like the new driver. The color transition works great. I did add a pull request to add back in the dimming speed for on and off commands.

@EricM_Inovelli Does the firmware support configuring a fade for on, off, and level changes?

1 Like
Parameter Number Parameter Size Parameter Name Values Values Desc
2 1 Memory Function 0 (Default) Remembers Last State
1 Bulb turns ON after power outage
2 Bulb turns OFF after power outage
51 2 Color Adjustment (Warm White) 1387 to 4999(Default) Changes the Kelvin from 2700k (1387) to 4999k(4999)
52 2 Color Adjustment (Cool White) 5000 to 6500(Default) Changes the Kelvin from 5000k (5000) to 6500k (6500)

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/3613

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/3614

Thanks! That’s an awesome resource. I had no idea that existed.

1 Like

Anytime… I always hit up the z-wave alliance page when writing z-wave drivers…

@bcopeland - So I’m still having an issue when I group the bulbs in hubitat with slow responsiveness after sending multiple commands. Sorry for the size. Here’s my best example:

Hubitat Group dimmer issue or bulb responsiveness? @EricM_Inovelli

Wow … Yea that’s not normal… Where is your hub in relation to this bulb?

Give you an example at my home I currently have:
20 LZW-41 Multi-White Bulbs
7 LZW-42 Multi-Color Bulb

And at sunrise and sunset I have rules that hit every bulb including from other brands… And sets color temperature… This is a ton of bulbs reacting at the same time…