Hubitat Bulbs LZW41 and LZW42 Drivers

I have just done some major fixes for the inovelli provided drivers for the multi-white and multi-color bulbs for hubitat…

I think I have all the bugs worked out now… After a bit more testing today I will do a GitHub pull request to try and get the changes merged with the official drivers…

Added the ability to set the memory parameter
Added ability for color pre-staging
Fixed setting color temperatures
Fixed color setting
Drastically sped up reporting
Removed smartthings related code
Added importURL
Added ColorName
Added Firmware Version Reporting
Added ColorMode capability for proper scene capture on multi-color

If anyone else would like to try them:

Link to original thread in Hubitat forum:

GitHub links:

https://github.com/djdizzyd/Hubitat-Inovelli/blob/master/Drivers/inovelli-bulb-multi-white-lzw41.src/inovelli-bulb-multi-white-lzw41.groovy

https://github.com/djdizzyd/Hubitat-Inovelli/blob/master/Drivers/inovelli-bulb-multi-color-lzw42.src/inovelli-bulb-multi-color-lzw42.groovy

7 Likes

@EricM_Inovelli I issued a github pull request

3 Likes

Just pushed a fix for a reported bug… Happens when the driver was not there when the device was installed…

Pushed an update for memory function … Documentation was confusing

Pushed an update adding firmware version reporting

Pushed an update that fixes a reported issue with scene capture on multi-color bulb…
Adds capability colormode

Fixed and issue with level set in setcolor

1 Like

I seem to be having more issues with setcolor on newest version. level not changing. Might be another issue, I am investigating

also is the toggle for pre-stage backwards?
I have them both off and get this in logs when I save pref

dev:8022020-01-09 06:43:12.774 pm warncolor staging is: true
dev:8022020-01-09 06:43:12.773 pm warndebug logging is: false

1 Like

What issues are you experiencing with setcolor?

Im checking, this may still be related to scene transition issues, I will wait for the transition to run its course and then test again.

1 Like

Ok… Let me know and the pre-stage is not backwards… But I see the incorrect report… I’ll fix

Pushed a fix for the log discrepancy

mistakes were made on setcolor … fixed them…

also now checking for setting same values on color temp and ignoring (scene quirk in HE) - reducing overhead

new version has been pushed to github

Response times are better on the latest version too

1 Like

pushed a fix for level reporting from hsv values from color report

Pushed another update… Had an issue created by the last update on switching from RGB to CT modes

Pushed a small update to round the hsl reported vales

Thank you for your continued efforts to refine the bulb drivers. Inovelli would be crazy to not merge your work, and send you a small token of thanks!

1 Like

@bcopeland, had my own custom drivers running to fix some of the original bugs but will try your version now. Will let you know if I find any bugs. Hope @EricM_Inovelli merges your code soon.

@bcopeland, One quick change.
Line 206:
def encapsulatedCommand = cmd.encapsulatedCommand()
replace with:
def encapsulatedCommand = cmd.encapsulatedCommand([0x33:2])

This will stop the following error from showing in the logs:
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: Cannot cast object 'null' with class 'null' to class 'short'. Try 'java.lang.Short' instead on line 206 (parse)

1 Like

@dgrekov thanks for the feedback… You are the first one to test with security… Will fix shortly