Inovelli 2.0 Website Optimization - Looking for Feedback

It is a responsive website. Right now the top level navigation bar (www.inovelli.com) is staying hidden behind the hamburger menu no matter how wide the browser. It would be nice if the hamburger menu disappeared on wider screens.

Like the example here:

@stu1811 is right, it is kind of annoying to have to go back to a product page on the main site just to get to the account/orders. Maybe add a link in the hamburger menu to go directly to the account page.

Using Chrome, if I click on the 3 bars and pick About then click the X and again pick the 3 bars and click on Products then the result is a double overlay. The about stuff is over top of the product stuff and clicking any of them takes me to the about info. The same double overlay happens when picking products first before using the X and picking About.

Overall, I’m finding the web site flashy but very underwhelming on the amount of information it actually gives. For me, too much flash and not enough or the right detail. I don’t see anything on your main website which actually shows why your products are better than the competition. For example, I saw nothing on the Black series vs Red series features. Could you also link any knowledge base articles related to each product right on the product page, possibly with a sort by type feature?

I also hate sites where you scroll but instead of the page scrolling the current view goes through a “presentation”. More or less because it always slow and besides the exact same information can be presented without doing it.

1 Like

Thanks all for the continued feedback – it’s super helpful and @Brianna_Inovelli is starting a list so we can work on this when we have a free moment.

I do agree with a lot of the feedback and we will start knocking these off one-by-one!

1 Like

I definitely agree with this. Although I have seen some hybrid-presentation pages like new motherboard products from Asus that are splashy, but still easy to get to the important information. Checkout any of their newest flagship motherboards to see what I mean. https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-XII-EXTREME/

Another irritating mechanic are pages that fade or slide in sections of information down the entire page as you scroll down. It makes scanning for information hard because things are half way up the page before they are visible. Digital Watchdog’s website is a good example of this problem.

@Eric_Inovelli

Admittedly, I currently only own a single RGBW bulb. Literally, zero complaints. I’ve wanted buy several of the Red series switches and dimmers as soon as they came out. Just wasn’t able to pull the trigger and then this year rolled around. Thanks for that 2020! Good news though, I’m finally about to pull the trigger on a few switches. I wish it was more, but I know this is just the start and I’m very excited regardless.

That said, I leap at every possible opportunity to recommend Inovelli products to fellow home-automation-ers. You’ve pretty much single handedly changed the game. I’d like list a few facts to back that up:

• Communication: Top employees responding directly to end users, even on different platforms, just wow!
  • Communication: A public roadmap, are you kidding me!
  • Communication: We have no right to know if a project is delayed yet alone why, yet you share it anyway. It’s truly a refreshing approach.
  • Communication: Beta testing with publically available firmware. It’s genius and shows a lot of confidence in the Inovelli team. Very cool.
  • Features: no description necessary
  • Value: This one blows my mind. In addition to all of the above, I don’t know how you do it. I am starting to see some of the competitors catching up in this category, but it’s all smoke in mirrors when they can’t keep up with the features. I’m not sure what you have patents on, but whatever it is, I hope you use them to your advantage (hint, hint license your competitors and make their products more expensive if they want to compare).

It’s all very refreshing and I know a lot of hard work has made this happen. Thanks for being such a dedicated and passionate company.

Finally, to address the topic and my friendly thoughts. A few friendly ideas/thoughts (Seriously, I hope they’re friendly. Please don’t cancel the order I’m about to place, lol):

1. Don’t change a thing.

Jk… for real this time:

• Refurb/Open-box/In-stock: Would filtering out (on the backend) refurb/open-box be an option when they’re not in-stock? It’s such a tease seeing links to it everywhere. How about an optional filter (front end, user available) for showing in-stock items only?

• Retire the SSO banner. I’m a SysAdmin myself and I’ve been apart of many, MANY, SSO integrations and transitions. As much as I love the transparency about the products, keep things like this on the backend. If you must, post an announcement in the community. I know you did in the case, but that banner being there until I dismiss it or login to my account, which you still have to opt out of from within your account settings, is kind of annoying. In my opinion and personal success, if an SSO transition happens in the future, simply make it look like a forced password reset the next time someone logs in. That’s only if you don’t have the time or resources to support two IdP’s, integrated with one another. Afterall, it’s suppose to be “seamless” right? Lol.

• Lastly, don’t let all the things that make Inovelli great, come back to bite you. The transparency is such a great asset, but I’ve caught myself several times telling myself I’ll wait to this new product arrives before I pull the trigger, even if I have the means tomorrow. I’ll try not to get caught up in this myself, but it’s hard.

P.S.: I mentioned I’m a SysAdmin. I left out that I sysadmin for a mid-sized global logistics company. Not sure what your logistics are looking like these days, but I hope you reach out regardless. I’m not in a position to discuss any prospects directly but I can absolutely connect the dots. Who knows, maybe my company can drive that value even more!

2 Likes

Device Page: LED Strips

Clicking on bookmark doesn’t necessarily go to the right spot on the page:
Description --> Description
Compatible Hubs – > What’s in the Box
Device Manual --> Dimensions
Reviews --> Reviews

Product looks awesome! OT: Are there any interconnects in the kit?

1 Like

Thanks for this Dave! Trying to update an html page when you don’t know html is a fun project haha so I appreciate the help!
As for the kit, it doesn’t come with any connectors they will all be available separately in our accessories page!

Brianna | Marketing Manager

1 Like

Thanks @Brianna_Inovelli for the info on the accessories. Good luck with the roll out (and the HTML!)

1 Like

This has probably been mentioned, but have the sort always show in-stock items above out-of-stock items.
Actually the sort in general could use some work- random sorting is the wrong thing to do IMHO. For example if you go to switches, the top one should ALWAYS be Red Dimmer 1pk, then Red Switch 1pk, then (in either order) 10packs and black series.

But having the first product that shows up be a $350 10-pack that’s out of stock… not the best answer :slight_smile:

1 Like