Inovelli LZW42 RGBW Bulb Edge Driver Installation issue (SmartThings)

I have several Inovelli Ilumini RGBW Bulbs (LZW42). They were all working well using the old IDE Inovelli Driver.

I decided to install the new Inovelli Edge Driver now rather than wait until forced into it so I installed the appropriate Inovelli Samrtthings Edge Driver for the Bulbs.

The first two conversions went smoothly enough. I would exclude the bulb using the Smartthings “Z-Wave Exclusion” option in the Smartthings App. After the successful exclusion, I then performed a successful “Inclusion” where the new Inovelli Edge Driver was properly associated with the Bulb.

Since the first two conversions went so well, I figured it was safe to go ahead and delete the old Inovelli Drivers from the IDE after editing the device “Type” to a generic Z-Wave RGBW Bulb for all my remaining bulbs.

I then proceeded to continue updating my bulbs. The next one Excluded and Included OK but instead of associating the bulb with the new Inovelli Edge Driver, the Smartthings App associated it with an Edge “Dimmer Switch” driver. Which, of course, doesn’t work. When using the App to “Select different driver”, the Inovelli Driver is not available as a choice. The only choices are also Z-Wave Switches. (I tried selecting the other choices but they don’t work either)

I have tried updating a different Bulb but I get the same results. I’m not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions?

I don’t have a good answer for you. But for what it’s worth, even though it’s too late, the conventional wisdom is to stay out of the IDE and particularly, don’t edit anything there. Reportedly, tinkering in the now deprecated IDE causes bad things to happen. That might be what happened in your case since the first couple seemed to go ok.

At this point, I’d use TAustin’s API Browser + to see if you can change the driver there. If you’re not familiar with this, let me know and I’ll point you in the right direction.

Thank you for your response and I appreciate your willingness to help. I’m not familiar with TAustin’s API Browser + but if you can lead me in the right direction I’d much appreciate it.

Refer to the thread below for installation instructions. If you have encounter issues with installation, post there for help.

Once the API Browser is installed, select the Devices drop down menu and select Devices again. Highlight the switch whose driver you wish to change and then select Change Driver. You’ll be presented with a dialog box that allows you to select from the installed Edge drivers.

If you receive an Ineligible Device error when selecting the switch, then that indicates the switch is not using an Edge driver, which is a requirement for this operation.

Thank you so much for the info! I’ll give it a try once I return home next week.