Inovelli Single-Sign On Implementation slated for July 2020

EDIT: We should be launching this Tuesday, July 7th, 2020 or Wednesday, July 8th, 2020.

NOTE: Just to clarify, we will be sending out an email explaining this to existing accounts and likely you’ll have to reset your password. More to come.

Hey all – just wanted to give you a heads up that we’ll be implementing SSO (Single-Sign-On) starting in July 2020. I don’t have a firm date yet, but the programmers are handing this off to us at the end of the week to start testing, hopefully wrapping it up by the end of next week.

We’re using Auth0 for our SSO provider and it will allow you to sign into the following with one email:

** NOTE: We are working on merging past orders from our old website to the new website, so you may not see your order history right away, but please note that we have this history so don’t worry!

Here’s a quick screenshot of what the screen will look like when you sign up and/or login from any of the three URL’s above (NOTE: please click on the picture to view – idk why it keeps truncating the pic):

The reason we’re asking for what Hub/Gateway is so that when a ticket comes in, we’re able to quickly understand what hub you have and can setup automations to quickly answer questions as well prior to us engaging with you.

In addition, if you sign up for our newsletter, we’re going to start producing relevant content to the hub you have. For example, if you have SmartThings, we’ll send you some automation ideas and instructions for SmartThings specifically.

I know it’s a small thing, but we’re pretty pumped about this!

Any questions, let me know :slight_smile:

5 Likes

There you go underselling things :wink: - this is HUGE! What’s next upgrading to Cloudflare for the DNS to speed things up? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

giphy%20(1)

No seriously… What does that mean lol?!

Thanks man :slight_smile:

Great news! Way to keep pushing forward!

Lol. Cloudflare the best host for DDoS attacks…next to AWS.

This will be going live either Tuesday, July 7th, or Wednesday, July 8th, 2020. If you have an existing account, please re-sign up using the same information. In other words, you can’t just, “Sign In”, but rather, you’ll have to, “Sign-Up” again (just use the same credentials). You will still have access to all past orders, comments, tickets, etc.

Something appears to have gone wrong with the plan. When I signed up for an SSO account, the system told me that my old forum screen name was already in use and forced me to create a new one.

Is it possible for someone to link my old pre-SSO account to my SSO profile and delete this one? I’d normally just start over, but I can’t go through one more Discobot new user announcement blitz this month…

Hmmmm… that’s strange. Sorry about that. Question for you – where did you sign up for SSO (ie: inovelli.com, support.inovelli.com, community.inovelli.com)?

EDIT: I think I see what happened… you originally signed up with a hotmail account, whereas this new one has a yahoo account. Can you try signing up with your hotmail account and see if that works?

1 Like

Yup, that explains it! I’m back in. My store stuff was using my Yahoo address, and the forum stuff was using my Hotmail address.

I will make a note in my password safe to use the Hotmail address for everything Inovelli from now on…

Awesome, glad we figured it out! I can look to see if I can port over your orders too so you can see your order history for your hotmail account.

@vreihen – I was able to switch over your orders from your yahoo to your hotmail account so you should be able to see your order history now using SSO (hotmail account).

1 Like