Internal Relay default state

After changing the parameter to make sure it’s at 1 I popped the breaker for the room and turned it back on, simulating a power outage.

After the breaker was back on:

1. The smart bulbs were powered-off, not on wifi.
  2. The switch itself does absolutely nothing. (seems that it’s sending commands to openHAB, which is unable to turn the lights on or off as they are hard powered-off)
  3. 8-tapping the config button and then pressing the up-paddle turns the lights back on (by enabling the internal relay and restoring power to the bulbs)
  4. 8-tapping the config button again puts the switch back into local control disabled, but with the relay in the on position, allowing OpenHAB to control the lights once more.

So it would appear that parameter 1 doesn’t help here. I suspect that it simply controls the on/off state of the relay when the relay is enabled. However since the power-outage leaves the relay stuck in the off state, this doesn’t do anything at all in my case. That’s my assumption anyway.

Is it possible my switch is just defective, or too old or something? If other people aren’t seeing the power failure while in local-control-disabled cause the relay to stick in the powered-down state I’m even more curious.