Just added RGBW bulb gets a little sluggish

This is the driver I used for the bulbs in the video. Can change the color on 36 bulbs in under 2 seconds with firmware 2.3 and this driver.

1 Like

Can you point me in the right direction for the ota FW 2.3 update link for the bulbs? I am currently doing the switches but the bulbs were always the devices I saw the biggest issues with.

@lizzardking33 - https://support.inovelli.com/portal/kb/articles/firmware-v1-30-beta-lzw42-rbgw-bulb

The Info you posted is very much appreciated Running latest firmware and the driver you posted and I couldnā€™t be happier. Inovelli products are definitely the best zwave products Iā€™ve used with Hubitat now the bulbs are right up with the rest of product line impressive. If the bulbs shipped with the latest firmware and hubitat had this driver built in Not sure if it does but I donā€™t think so it would be perfect. Anyone buying the bulbs thatā€™s not into updating and messing around with this kind of thing would probably return them. I hope you guys are planning on developing recessed lighting that would be a money maker IMO. The adjustable light temperature is priceless. Hubitat with Inovelli switches are getting really close to being able to compete with control4 and vantage lighting wise for way less money and not needing a certified installer. It seems I might have a go to product line that I can recommend to clients that look at me like Iā€™m nuts when they get a bid.

2 Likes

Just made the driver switch and now the group works pretty flawless. Little delay between each bulb change, but changes color after color. Definitely recommend @EricM_Inovelli look at this driver and see if some of it can be implemented. Combo between firmware and driver makes it so much better now. Now I just need some indoor flood (16 of them) to change the cansā€¦but before I commit. I need to check to see how the can lights are installed.

Completed the driver update and there is a noticeable improvement all around with ST. Whether related or not there seems to be an issue with the new app hanging when making adjustments, backing out and reloading the bulb each time allows to make changes. (tested at 7 secs, 15secs, 30secs, up to a minute, after bulb color changes) The classic app appears to work fine. Running the LZW42 DTH, associated to Red Dimmer with 3 bulbs in a fan combo and Iā€™m also running ST Beta Firmware which I have also reported the issue.