Light Switch + light / motion sensor

I agree that it needs to be aesthetically pleasing. I would see no modifications to the look of the ilumin switch. I like all the measures on your 4in1 sensor and it would be great to have them in the switch too. The look is what attracted me to Inovelli switch and I would guess many of your customers. But in interest beauty is less devices on the walls. Less devices simplifies too.

Can you find some sort of material that allows IR through but has the current switch face look? There is nothing like that on the market. There are IR switches ( GE Z-Wave Plus ) but it doesn’t have a good look.

Figure it out please!

I have some GE Zwave motion and some Plum Lightpad (WIFI) switches that both have motion based operation modes. Motion works well with in a pantry, closets, stairways etc. I have a few other places that I’d love to put some inovelli motion based switches like bathrooms or hallways (at night) to trigger reactive night-lighting.

Closets, bathrooms, pantry, entryways are all great places to have motion based lighting. Both types of motion switches that I currently use have adjustable sensitivity and several modes of operation.

It’s important to have the option where motion events go to your hub/controller and be handled by larger system beyond Zwave’s scope.

For example, if you are watching a movie with the lights dimmed and someone comes in the entryway, you probably don’t want the entryway lights to come on at 100% (or even at all?)

Another example: I’d during the daytime hours I might want an overhead light to automatically come on in a stairwell where during nightime hours, I’d want some accent lighting that’s softer on the eyes.

I just installed the first 6 red series dimmers and love them. These would be absolutely killer products if they got light sensors and motion. I’ve been knocking the idea around in my head and just searched the forum and see that others think this also. The status could just be reported over ZWave and the controller could take care of the rules. (Only turn the lights on if ambient lighting is below ‘x’ when motion happens).

2 Likes

If there was a config option to decouple the “motion” from the switch or change what the motion does when activated (like described above), that would be handy.