LZW30 3 Way - No Status Update on Light Changees

Hi,
I am using HomeAssistant as my hub, and I am not seeing the 3-way lights change level in the Lovelace UI. Am I doing something wrong?

I have two LZW30’s. One has a load (I’ll call it light from now on), and the other does NOT have a load (I’ll call it remote from now on).

Steps:

• I installed the light, and the remote in the wall.
  • For HomeAssistant, I am using OpenzWave 1.4 with the additional Inovelli configurations added
  • I joined both the light and the remote to the zWave network
  • Using the z-wave configuration page, I used z-wave node management to set the Remote’s Node-Group Association of group 2 to be the light
  • No other changes were done to any config settings of the light or the remote

What I see:

• In the UI, I can toggle the light, and the light follows the UI
  • When I press the light on the wall, the lights go on/off, and the UI correctly displays
  • When I press the remote on the wall, the lights go on/off, and the UI never updates

What I expect:

• In the UI, I can toggle the light, and the light follows the UI
  • When I press the light on the wall, the lights go on/off, and the UI for the liight correctly displays
  • When I press the remote on the wall, the lights go on/off, and the UI for the light correctly displays

Am I missing a setting somewhere for the light switch to automatically send the “light state”?

Please know I saw exactly the same behavior when I tried with SmartThings and the Z-Wave Association Tool.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Kirk