LZW31 Multi Tap Not Working

Apologies for resurrecting the old thread, but I do not have the ability to start a new topic.

My LZW31 ̶r̶e̶d̶ black series is having a similar issue, the multi tap entities are not showing up in home assistant.

Parameter 50 = 7
Parameter 51 = off (I tried on, the description is confusing which is which)

The Multi-Tap instructions from inovelli here show triggers such as "Down" double clicked and "Up" triple clicked, but these do not show in my home assistant.

I’m connected and everything else seems to work fine. Verbose Z-Wave JS Logs show actions when I single click, but not when I multi click. I can turn the switch on, off, and adjust brightness.

But the various blueprints for the multi tap do not work, and the entities for these do not exist.

EDIT: Changed title and device description for anyone who references this information in the future. My device is a LZW31 “black”, NOT a LZW31-SN “red”

I split this out into a new thread for you since it doesn’t have relate to Zigbee2mqtt or the Blue Series switches.

You’ll need parameter 51 set to on (1) otherwise parameter 50 will not take effect.

Also - what firmware version are you running? Older versions didn’t support parameter 51 as far as I know.

For the tap actions to appear in Home-Assistant you will need to trigger each action on each device at least once.

It is not ideal but this is the only way I have been able to do mine. The scenes will then be sent to MQTT for Home-Assistant to pickup and show in the interface. I really wish the available actions were sent and persisted.

Also, keep in mind that some times the actions might get lost, it happened to me a few times, probably due to MQTT persitence being lost.

HAOS running on bare metal udoo bolt

• Z-Wave JS addon version 0.4.4 & default Z-Wave integration
  • Zooz ZST39 LR firmware 1.20 hub
  • no MQTT set up & no Z-Wave JS UI

LZW31 came with firmware 1.30, once installed I added, updated firmware to 1.57

• parameter 50 is set to 7
  • parameter 51 is set to on

I clicked all the tap actions on the switch, clicked re-interview, waited. Nothing new.

I clicked settings/devices/zwave/configure/remove device/start exclusion Tapped the config button 3x on the switch. Then re-added the switch. Nothing new.

I set up another switch very close to the hub and I am experiencing the same problem.

Interestingly, the device name is named “Black Series Dimmer” by default…

…Ok, is this user error?, this is a LZW31 (black series), not a LZW31-SN (red series), Does the black series support multi-tap?

If not, then why do I have parameters 50 and 51?

Parameter 51 specifically has the following description:

Physical On/Off Delay
The delay that occurs after pressing the physical button to turn the switch on/off is removed.
Consequently this also removes the following scenes: 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x tap. 1x tap and config button
scenes still work.

Looks like you figured it out, but the black series does not support multi-tap. The description on the parameter seems to be reused from the red series, but since you don’t have scenes you might as well turn off the delay.

I think firmware 1.52 might support a few scenes, but 1.57 does not.