LZW36 Parameter 50 like the LZW31-SN have

With the recent discussion of switch speeds in the Zigbee switch thread, It dawned on me to take a look at my LZW36. And I was bummed to see that parameter 50 is not on it. The 700ms delay is pretty slow to me. I have a few LZW31-SNs at 200ms delay and that seems decently responsive. And yes, I am using scene control on it, So I cant disable the delay.

It seems to me that Parameter 50&51 could be combined. 0ms is disable delay and scene, and the other increments for how fast you want based on how fast the user can multi tap. Just seems a bit redundant, but maybe its required based on other things.

As I remember, the latest LZW36 firmware - 1.36 does add parameter 51 that allows you to turn off (but not configure) the 700ms delay. I think LZW31-SN parameters 50 & 51 both exist for historical reasons. The on or off option was added first, then the configurable time happened later. It was probably done as a separate parameter so as not to break things for people who were already using the prior version.

That is correct. In theory they could (should?) have been combined from the start. But they were each added at different times after the initial release.