LZW41 power outage setting

it should only send that message when you follow the factory reset instructions:

You may power on/off the bulb 6x (between 0.5-2 seconds each time) or use a certified controller to remove the device from your network to factory default. Only use this procedure in the event that the network primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable. Your bulb will flash twice to confirm factory reset.

So should I reset as per instruction?

Yeah give that a shot - if it still fails to work, l’ll test a replacement on Monday and send it out to you to see if it’s a defective bulb you have or if it’s something on hubitat’s end.

will test later. thanks!

You can try… But I sent that because it appears that the bulb thought this happened… So the bulb send a message to the hub saying it was factory reset… Are you maybe having some power issues to this bulb?

I tried resetting and the bulb is being found only as device despite the installed driver. Once I update, not all options are there. Also, I tried other lamp in case there were some issues with power delivery and it made no difference.

1 Like

Ok… It detected as device… I actually have a fix for the fingerprint waiting for them to accept…

But you can still switch the driver to the correct one…

did you try that and save your settings again?

Yes, I did try that and same issue. I have many inovelli switches at home and never had issues like this. Eric helped me with wiring in the beginning, but once I understood the process, all went well. Is there anything else I should be trying? I really appreciate all the help!

1 Like

Can you post a new debug log?.. Because if you are selecting “power off” the device should respond with a 02 on the end of that message…

I do not have the bulb connected anymore, but after doing all that we did, the device never responded with anything other then 0. Also, the bulb is always found as DEVICE. I can control the device once the correct driver is applied but any changes are not applied. I can set dimmer to 50 and as soon as I refresh the device it is back to 100.

Yes… I have a fix for the detection that is waiting on inovelli to detect…

This is concerning… It seems the device is not saving the change

I’m really starting to think you might have a defective device.

I believe the unit is defective as well. I will return the unit for replacement. Thanks for all your help!

I got the replacement unit and it was detected correctly and I was able to set temp and level no problem. As for the power restore, it seems like the settings are reversed. When I set Bulb turns ON it actually stays OFF after the power outage. When I select Remember Last State, it turn always ON. Is there a fix in the driver for this?

Do you have the latest version from the github… It was updated yesterday…

Do you mind sharing the direct link to the driver? Thanks!

Thanks!

1 Like