Lzw42 not retaining the color

I tried with the edge drivers when I realized that I would need to reset the bulbs to see if that would solve the problem.

neither resetting the bulbs nor reinstalling them (edge) with the device handler erased helped so I installed the DH back, added all the bulbs back again in ST and ever since I’m pretending everything’s alright…

I just sent my Events and Device settings to Nate - Inovelli Support

Lets see what they come back with…

FRCASTELLANOS you are on to something.
I found out that Smarthings APP cannot control the bulbs anymore. With the Smarthings APP you have only control of White Light and the light will revert to Red. This is evident with all 4 bulbs I just purchased.

I went ahead and controlled the bulbs using Alexa and I get full functionality of the bulbs. I get all colors and they are stable. I can dim and go 100%.
Smartthings APP does not have any control over these bulbs anymore…with exception of Off and On and White and Red

Alexa you’ll get full functionality, I can control the bulbs going through Alexa…

Hope this helps…I relayed the information to Inovelli Support. I hope they find a solution for the Smartthings App not working. Thankyou again everyone for your input and this was just a process of elimination for me. goodnight.

Irvine, California

1 Like

I can confirm that I can change the white temperature with the smartthings app but not the colors.

smart apps work with the bulbs. I have one of the bulbs dimmed and changed to some orange hue when I turn on the TV and that routine works fine. the same when reverting the bulb back to 3300k and brighten to 60% when the TV is off

1 Like

I tested this over and over
With the ST app
I Only have control over White color and Dimming and Brightness.
No control over other colors however it likes to revert to Red

Alexa app. I have Full control of the bulbs

There was a change made to the ST app that has broken color control for a lot of devices. I am working on a work-around, but I think they are going to reverse this change eventually.

1 Like

I’ve published a workaround for the LZW42. I am still working on adding it to the LZW45.

I also think this bug will cause problems if you use the LED child device on the LZW31 & LZW30. Still need to do some testing there.

1 Like

will try when I get home. thanks!!!

1 Like

installed it.

all colors (except the red in the left corner) work again.

Thankyou ALL

Thanks, I’ll check it out.

1 Like

i noticed too, that when I select blue in the app, the bulbs go to some purple hue instead of blue.

1 Like

Selecting the color in the corner was not working for me last night, but it is working for me now. Can you check?

As for the blue color, I believe it is just doing a hue / saturation conversion to RGB. If the color is off then there will have to be some back-end adjustment made to get it closer. Is there another variation of blue that can be used that is closer to the color you are wanting?

still doesn’t work when selecting the red at the lower left corner. it repeatedly gives me this error only when I try to change the color to that red.

1 Like

Thankyou for the Update
I will just use Alexa until there is a Smartthings “fix”

I’ve been troubleshooting this and I think it is a problem with the SmartThings platform. It was throwing that error for me yesterday and now today it is not. There are two commands that get called when the color is chosen (setHue & setSaturation). I have removed everything in those commands and set them up to just log what values are passed to them. When I was having the problem, the commands were never called . . . just the error was thrown. I believe the problem is with the app itself.

Samsung’s been such a pain in the %@#$ lately. especially since yesterday that smartthings as a whole suffered a blackout that lasted hours!

btw, any plans to post some specific edge driver for the lzw42? tried with that generic driver from Samsung and it didn’t work.

1 Like

Possibly. I think the default driver is not working because of the change they made to the app a few weeks back that broke color control for many devices. I was told that the ST team would be going through and modifying all the Z-Wave default handlers, but that it would take some time. I looked at Github and I don’t think they have updated it yet. I am going to check to see what the status is.

2 Likes

ST had a pretty large cloud outage yesterday. It was resolved today at 12:31 UTC.

2 Likes

Thankyou everyone
I will keep monitoring this thread

2 Likes