LZW45 (light strip) drivers for home assistant?

Z-Wave JS update to include setting bulk partial config parameters

So it looks like the update for tomorrow is going to include bulk parameter config.

I found a forum HA forum post of someone testing the service on a LZW31.

I believe I’m correct in saying this should make the LED strip configuration much much more accessible.

1 Like

Yep! That was me, and just like what was mentioned in that thread a new beta update released today which fixes the bulk set service :slight_smile:

service: zwave_js.bulk_set_partial_config_parameters
target:
  entity_id: ***Your entity ID here***
data:
  parameter: 21
  value:
    '255': 65
    '32512': 99
    '32768': 1
    '16711680': 60
    '1056964608': 3
    '1073741824': 0

That will work under Development Tools > Services to set a Green Fast Blink for 1 minute. Change the values as needed to achieve any effect you need. Just tested it myself and it works well, I’m excited to configure these effects again

Yep, works like a champ.

Now, I need to figure out how to do some nice parameter 22 color fades and pixel effects. I want to see the twinkle!!!

Now that this update is out and its working great, the question is:

Who can make a lovelace card that easily allows selection of all the effects using the new service first? :innocent:

I’m still working on the proper way to fade from color to color. Baby steps for me.

I’ve quickly run into the challenge of trying to figure out how to write a template. It seems, to me at least, like templates are going to be the way to go with quickly selecting the pixel effects under parameter 31. I could be totally wrong though, I’m not very familiar with templates.

I was poking other threads and @petro states he’s going to work on updating his scripts to work with zwavejs. This would be extremely helpful!

@nathanfiscus Can the toolbox be updated for ZwaveJS? This would be even more helpful!

Have you had any luck getting lights to fade from one color to another via Home Assistant with ZW JS?
Or with pixel effects?

Am I correct that parameter 22 would facilitate the color fades? I’m just trying to create a color fade to represent how close the HVAC is to it’s target temp (just a stupid idea I had to try).

I unfortunately haven’t had much of a chance to work on this this week, too much on the to do list classically. Hope to have some time this weekend to play with it though. I’ll probably start with the pixel effects first myself though since it’s a little easier to start there.

I’ve been trying to get the parameter 22 effects working. Long story short: I don’t think they work. At least not yet in the latest version of zwavejs.

I’ve been on the HA discord server going back in forth with @firstof9 (who was very helpful btw).

I think I tried just about every combination of the service call and never really got close to getting the desired effect out of the strip.

That’s because 22 alone does nothing without 23,24, and 30. At least that’s how I set mine (not using bulkset parameter service).

I’ve been setting them all using the zwave_js.bulk_set_partial_config_parameters service and its not working.

I’m just calling them parameter 22 because thats were the configuration starts.

- service: zwave_js.bulk_set_partial_config_parameters
target:
  entity_id: light.light_strip
data:
  parameter: '22'
  value:
    '7': 0
    '248': 4
    '1792': 3
    '63488': 12
target:
data:
  parameter: '23'
  value:
    '127': 99
    '32512': 99
target:
data:
  parameter: '24'
  value:
    '63': 15
    '16128': 15
target:
data:
  parameter: '30'
  value:
    '255': 5
    '65280': 2
    '16711680': 1

Gotcha.

Do you have error or just no result on notification bar?

No error and no result on the strip.

All scripts have been updated:

Custom Effect

Quick Strip Effect

Pixel Effect

5 Likes

Just FYI in case anyone else didnt know ( I didnt). `bulk_set_partial_config_parameter’ allows you to break out the bitmasks or send it as one value (as Nathans toolbox spits it out).

Heres the same thing I am sending to my red dimmers (yellow chase for 10 sec at max brightness). Either way produces same end result

1 Like

All the scripts work great here with Zwave_JS. Thank you for taking the time to put this together and sharing it!

I also got all the scripts to work with my strip. Thank you @petro.

Still a bit disappointed in myself for not figuring out it manually, but the scripts are much easier for automations.

Thanks again.

You got a link to the docs for that LED? I’ll make a script for that too.

Thanks @petro

https://support.inovelli.com/portal/api/kbArticles/407409000001873397/attachments/1abnfa5822ce11f1e4dfe9a7306effa38a8cf/content?portalId=1ce1db55e4825f16146555b24f0f1753cbf5f7d83ca0a3d8b31013b2a2d69e1f&inline=true