LZW60 4 in 1 Outside

I have just purchased a LZW60 4 in 1 sensor.

I intend to use it outside, in a protected from the element area, I know that the unit is not meant to go outside, but I just had to try it.

I will keep you posted as to its performance.

Dom

1 Like

I have 2 of them mounted outside in an area protected from rain and direct sunlight. They have been running for a couple months now without issue.

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate the input. I guess we will find out more, this winter, when temperature reaches -20F.

I am thinking that’s gonna be rough as a battery operated device but if you use the USB power input you could create internal heat and not have to worry about battery voltage drop and maybe have a better chance against the internal condensation that may build up.

Maybe even coat the board (not sensors though) with a waterproofing product like…

MG Chemicals 422B Silicone Modified Conformal Coating, 55mL Glass Bottle with Brushes https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B008O9YIV6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_l-YpFb6ZJYMEX

-Travis

Good afternoon All,

I’m back with my LZW60 project, I will get back to that later.
First, I want the temperature and humidity readings to be current, for some reason the unit has a substantial lag time, how can I improve on this situation.

Concerning the project, see photos attached, I used a plastic container similar to the Armor All product container, I insulated it, and placed it outside. See below.

Dang, this is cool – sorry for seeing this 6+ mo later. How did this work in the winter?

Good morning Eric,

Actually the LZW60 4 in 1 sensor, performed extremely well, even at temperatures below 0 Fahrenheit, I guess the enclosure protected the sensor quite well.

Still no sign of battery failure.

I have a Vera Plus Hub, and a wall mounted tablet running Imperihome, everything is working well.

Dom

2 Likes

Wow, that’s amazing, I love it! Thanks for sharing :slight_smile: