LZW60 Questions/Issues

Where are you located? Maybe someone local could try to update it?

Possibly. But, I don’t know anyone who’s got the tools and am not so keen on imposing on a total stranger when I do have other options. :slight_smile:

I just updated with the Z-Wave Firmware Updater Device Driver (not the binary one). This is what I did.

I put the URL in the “Update Firmware” text field.
Triple clicked the button and then clicked the “Update Firmware” button.
Watched the sensor and when its red light turned off, I triple clicked again. At this point the % started to increase.
After about 10 minutes it made it to 100% and the firmware flash had finished.

This sensor was included without any security which should make the flashing faster.

2 Likes

I’ve tried both the app and the driver. Both with and without security. On both hubs.

This one’s just going slow (and about 2-3 feet from the hub). Not sure why. It’s up to about 14% after about a couple hours now this time. Hopefully this desktop won’t go to sleep on my like my laptop did last night (despite the power setting saying otherwise while plugged in).

10-11 hours later @ 65%!

15-15 hours @91% :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

AND----SUCCESS!!! Almost 20 hours later–it upgraded to 2.05. lol

Just wondering–is there any way to run a “windows” updater program to zap this thing via the USB connection?

3 Likes

So, with that done. And I tried including with 5 clicks.

How can I get it to more rapidly respond when there are illumination or temp changes?

Even with setting it to report temp changes>1, Humidity>3, Ill.>10, it isn’t reporting them–at least not promptly. Motion reports are nearly instantaneous, though. I was hoping that the “1 degree” temp and “10 lux Illumination” change settings would make those happen as soon as those changes happened…

I set the reporting interval to 5 sec–and it still took like 20 sec to report the change.

Do I have some settings messed up?

@EricM_Inovelli Is there updated information about the latest beta driver for this sensor? I saw some folks commenting about settings not working like they expected.

I just want to make sure I have things set properly for what I want to happen.

By the way, on one of the sensors that I’d upgraded then did the 5-click include… I tried to change the motion timeout to 120 seconds. I expected it to take immediately, but I had to force it with a triple click.

Thanks!

Hi @robstitt, I have published a device handler / driver update that:

• Adds a “refresh” option that you can use to get the sensor info at any time.
  • Made it so that when you save the preferences of the device they will get pushed to the device instead of waiting for a device wakeup.

I did some testing and it seems like 60 seconds is the minimum reporting interval. Even when on USB power. I am going to see if that can be lowered when the device is USB powered.

3 Likes

Sweet!! That does seem to help with some of those issues!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow there is a lot of good information here. :blush: