Migrated to zwave.JS and no longer have correct central scene support

Hi all, my switches were working fine using HA and the deprecated zwave integration. I migrated yesterday to zwave JS using the zwave2mqtt container as a UI and I no longer seem to be getting central scene support from the switches. Here is an example of events firing when I triple-tap the up button on one of my switches:

{
“event_type”: “zwave_js_value_notification”,
“data”: {
“domain”: “zwave_js”,
“node_id”: 2,
“home_id”: 3772401890,
“endpoint”: 0,
“device_id”: “4280f9ea935dc7a1bc6c3f1de130684b”,
“command_class”: 91,
“command_class_name”: “Central Scene”,
“label”: “Scene 001”,
“property”: “scene”,
“property_name”: “scene”,
“property_key”: “001”,
“property_key_name”: “001”,
“value”: 0,
“value_raw”: 0
},
“origin”: “LOCAL”,
“time_fired”: “2021-11-02T14:47:30.453063+00:00”,
“context”: {
“id”: “53a9fe1a321e7408310a4e89917507a2”,
“parent_id”: null,
“user_id”: null
}
}

The value property should not say 0, it should say ‘KeyPressed3x’. As a result, none of my automations are working. I’ve confirmed that I have the instant-on feature disabled. This is impacting all my switches. I’ve updated all of them to the latest firmware, 1.57, with no change. I’ve also tried pulling the air gap with no change.

Was hoping to avoid the nuclear option of excluding and reincluding them.

Thanks,
Chad

Forgot to add I tried troubleshooting with some folks in the HA discord and weren’t able to figure it out. Furthermore, here is what my zwave.JS “central scene” section looks like in the UI:

Do you have instant on enabled?

That log looks to me like you disabled scene support on the switch.

I already went over that with them, because that’s what it looked like to me as well.

Bring up that central screen again and try the scene on the device while watching it. It should switch to the pressed3X and then back to undefined.

Something does seem wrong though because you should have 3 “scenes” one for up, down and config button.

Tested as directed. Can confirm:

1. Whenever I press either button, it goes from undefined to ‘0’ no matter how many times I press it.
  2. I do not have a 3rd scene in this section.

Let me know what makes sense to do next:

1. Reinstall/rollback firmware
  2. Exclude/reinclude
  3. Re-interview nodes
  4. ???

Thanks!

Here are some settings, note I have not changed params since migrating to JS.

I went ahead and re-interviewed one of the nodes. I have the following improvements:

1. I can now see a 3rd scene for the config button in the UI under Central Scene.
  2. The value property in the zwave event now seems to consistently come in as “KeyPressed” instead of “0”

But, it still is incorrectly coming in as KeyPressed instead of KeyPressed3x.

{
“event_type”: “zwave_js_value_notification”,
“data”: {
“domain”: “zwave_js”,
“node_id”: 2,
“home_id”: 3772401890,
“endpoint”: 0,
“device_id”: “4280f9ea935dc7a1bc6c3f1de130684b”,
“command_class”: 91,
“command_class_name”: “Central Scene”,
“label”: “Scene 001”,
“property”: “scene”,
“property_name”: “scene”,
“property_key”: “001”,
“property_key_name”: “001”,
“value”: “KeyPressed”,
“value_raw”: 0
},
“origin”: “LOCAL”,
“time_fired”: “2021-11-02T16:01:47.448705+00:00”,
“context”: {
“id”: “ce3bfc59053644d7ab054d94b08ae0fb”,
“parent_id”: null,
“user_id”: null
}
}

Try a longer time in parameter 50 maybe.

That fixed it! It was set to 0 and the default says 7. It’s either a new param that I didn’t set that came from my firmware upgrade or it somehow got reset when I migrated. Thanks @PJF and @firstof9

1 Like

It was 100ms between taps so just tap faster, lol.

It was set to 0. The UI implies its in units of 100 ms, so maybe 0 x 100 ms = 0 ms. :slight_smile:

You’re right and 0 is not a valid setting. I was thinking it was set to 100ms but that would be 1. Definitely a glitch.

It was set to 0 across 8 switches so I assume its a glitch related to either the migration or the OTA firmware update. Something to be aware of for those that may have similar issues.

@chadbaum Out of curiosity, what version did you upgrade from?

I’m seeing the same issue on my switches going from 1.48 → 1.57/1.61

Hi, I went from 1.48 to 1.57.