My Inovelli Blue Setup

I just wanted to share how I’m using my Blue 2-1 switch.

My setup allows me to control the brightness of some Hue bulbs from the dimmer and the temperature using the config button. In addition, I can control the brightness using Siri and my iPhone’s Home app.

It’s the best of both worlds for me and my family. The switches on the wall work great, but don’t interrupt use of voice or app control as well as automations.

My setup is as follows:

• Blue 2-1 single pole wired with neutral
  • switch is setup as a dimmer in ‘smart’ mode. I enabled double tap to full brightness and set the ramp to 800ms (parameter 1)
  • Connected to Hubitat C7 using Inovelli driver
  • bound to Philips Hue white ambiance bulbs via zigbee binding app recommended by Inovelli. The bulbs are also directly bound to the Hubitat (no Hue hub)
  • I route the switch to homebridge via the homebridge v2 app (bulbs are not routed to homebridge)
  • I route the switch from homebridge to HomeKit, so I can use Siri and the Home app on my iPhone
  • the bulbs temperature is controlled throughout the day using the circadian app
  • I created an additional three state toggle for bulb temperature that uses the config button tapped 1x. It rotates the lights temp between 2000k, 3000k, and 4000k. This gets overridden by the circadian app every 5-10 min.

Future work:

• connect my Shelly garage door sensor, so that if the garage door is open for more than 5 minutes, it turns the LED Orange or some color.
  • cause the LED bar to turn a color Wednesday night from 7pm until 11pm to remind me to take out the garbage. Bonus if I can create a virtual button to turn off this LED notification that I can activate from my Home app
1 Like