New/Current Hubitat users and our switches !PLEASE READ!

@Eric_Inovelli - Thanks Eric! I know these posts will continue to build the archives, so it can be helpful to this that actually use the search function and maybe resolve their issue before posting another topic that’s been resolved. I appreciate your team efforts. Now get back to work and make some pivot tables.

2 Likes

Check this formula out brotha:

3 Likes

Is this still up-to-date info? The default Hubitat driver is labeled specifically as “Inovelli” so it’s not a generic driver.

@lnjustin - It’s generic because it’s Hubitat’s flavor of driver, not necessarily a “Generic Switch” driver.

1 Like

With the new drivers, I understand that the “Switch Child Device” is no longer needed as it now uses the HE Generic Component Switch. Can someone confirm if “Switch Level Child Device” is no longer needed as well? I assume yes?

Thanks.

1 Like

No longer needed.

Here is my front Yard Light, using the previous Inovelli Drivers:

Here is my Kitchen Light using the new Inovelli driver and Hubitat Generic Component Devices:

1 Like

Hey guys - does this need to be updated or unpinned? Scott no longer works here and I’m still on ST (I know… I know…) so I’m not familiar on what’s accurate or not in this article.

:man_shrugging: I don’t read instructions :crazy_face:

Sounds like a Hubitat thread I’ve been following tonight lol

3 Likes

OMg that one was crazy

1 Like

Dude… Lol.

Had to dust off my Dale Carnegie, “How to Win Friends and Influence People” book haha

1 Like

See PM

When I open my new toys… The box and instructions got right in the trash… Instructions are for when you totally f up

1 Like

I thought I knew what this thread was about??? :crazy_face:

1 Like

Instructions in the trash? How could you! There could be deadly or life altering consequences from that! LOL
I think I might have been a little harsh in that thread, I felt a little bad, but omg…

3 Likes

I think I found the thread…so what’s the answer? Am I supposed to use the screws to tighten down this live wire? Guess I’m going with the simple approach of "if I can pull it out with ease, I probably should look at securing the wire. Also, @Eric_Inovelli, your manual doesn’t strictly call out what the max gauge of wire…I tried fitting this 8 gauge wire in the holes…did not fit. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I think your load would burn up the switch if you need 8 gauge… :rofl::crazy_face:

1 Like

But I am not an electrician so :man_shrugging:

Define electrician. Technically 0s and 1s traverse conductive materials as voltage…you’re somewhat of an electrician.

3 Likes

Sigh… If only I lived, breathed, ate and slept electrical like GE… Maybe one day.

3 Likes