On/Off Switches Arrive in Canada!

Still can’t find it on amazon.ca :frowning:

Basically me trying to find them as well.

Kidding, there was a flight delay and they just arrived yesterday in Toronto. The shipping company has a delivery appointment with Amazon for Thursday. I’ve seen them (Amazon) able to check things in quickly (ie: same day) and I’ve also seen it take up to 2-3 days. My guess is the latter this time due to the Holiday Season.

But good news is it will be at Amazon’s facilities on Thursday :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:wink: Nice thanks so much!

@phardy – A Christmas Miracle! The switches are now live on Amazon.ca :slight_smile:

Black Series: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07RYMSH6Q
Red Series: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07S1BMMGH

1 Like

Wonderfull, order’s in!

1 Like

Thanks for the support, we really appreciate it!

I thought I just bought 10 of them… but they were the on/off red series… just arrived to day from Amazon.ca… now I “have” to buy 6 of the dimmers. There goes my budget for the year… good thing the year is almost over :wink: Thanks Eric! Good thing airmileshops.ca is still doing 20X airmails for amazon.

Hi, I don’t see the link anymore for the switches, only for the dimmer. Is there any plan to have them back soon on amazon.ca ?

Thanks

Following for the switches i got 4 red series
now i need more they are out of stock
and i already got like 10 dimmers red series
Great product i like them.

Will amazon.ca be getting more switches. I only see dimmers right now.

Eventually yes. With the health issues going on in China, the production has been delayed :sleepy:

So i decided to go with the red dimmer. only bought 1 to try it, amazing product i must say. I think i bought the last one they had in stock. Is it the same story for the dimmers as well? Would also like to add, the manual that came with the switch was very well done, so rare to find now days!

I’m sad that there’s still no on/off switches available. Do you guys have any options to stop 3rd party sellers from price gouging on your products? Currently I have the option to pay CAD $120 for a red on/off switch… no thanks.

They will be starting production here within a week for a hopeful August arrival :slight_smile: - sorry for the delay.

We’re also looking to outsource our distribution to a very reputable company up there so that stock levels can be maintained properly. More to come on that.

As for the 3rd party gougers, yeah there’s not much we can do about that. We’ve tried reporting to Amazon as there’s currently no one authorized to sell our trademarked brand anywhere (including USA) but I don’t think they really care.

Hi @Eric_Inovelli, are you guys still trying to restock at Amazon.ca for Black series switch? Or even the 10 packs? I notice that we can now buy from Aartech.ca. But their price is more than Amazon.ca and they charge shipping fee. No shipping charge for Amazon prime. I would wait if stock are coming to Amazon.ca. Also, If I buy directly from your website to ship to Canada, are you going to ship by USPS or courier (UPS/FedEx/Purolator). If you ship by courier, courier company will charge us tax, duty and brokerage fee. But if you ship by USPS, Canada Post would not collect any. No tax, no duty, no brokerage. So, this will be cheapest for us. I bought my Hubitat, ship by USPS the same cheapest way.

I can’t speak on Inovelli’s behalf, but there is another thread that indicates that Aartech is their official Canadian distribution method. There’s a recent post in there about problems they faced using Amazon.ca that I found informative.

1 Like

HI @lau07!

@Stephen is correct - we will no longer be using Amazon.ca. Aartech is our exclusive distributor in Canada now. Because we did not have a physical location in Canada we were never able to get stock back and basically had to destroy any stock that was returned as broken or damaged even though most of the time these items work perfectly fine. This cost us a lot of money.

If you choose to buy from our website we will ship via USPS and there will be a $20 flat fee shipping charge no matter the size of the order.

2 Likes

Thanks @Stephen @Courtney_Inovelli for the quick reply. Sorry, I don’t know there was another thread already. Good to know about the $20 flat fee shipping by USPS. This would be a worthwhile choice if I decide to buy more, like the 10 packs black series (saving over CAD $200). Aartech does not sell the Black series in 10 pack anyway. Not sure if they are going to. But I have 6 Inovelli switch/dimmer installed already, not sure if I can still use 10 more. Anyone in Toronto want to share? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi folks, Robert from Aartech here.

I thought I’d chime in with some updates. As we launched with Inovelli we’ve been learning what’s important to everyone. Clearly price is a big factor and we’ve heard you. Now all the same 10 packs are available at Aartech - priced as close as we could after what we fix as a stable exchange rate - to avoid having to change often as it bounces up and down.

We also ship free over $100 so that’s a pretty easy clip to hit when buying Zwave devices, which would save the $20 USPS shipping out of the USA.

On top of that we’re offering local Canadian support for returns where needed - not to mention a huge and growing collection of other smart devices.

Unlike big box, if you need help we’ll fire up a switch and hub and try to see how we can help find any issues - and we’ll help with that warranty for the full term not just a 30 day return period.

Also as a result of our venture with Inovelli, and with lets call it some disruption in SmartThings, we also just partnered with Hubitat to stock & ship the Elevation hub in addition to the others we carry.

For those of you that know Aartech and supported us from our start 18 years ago, thank you! For those who don’t yet know us, we hope to earn your trust.

Kind regards
Robert

7 Likes

You da man Robert! Thanks for your continued support in Canada. Here’s to a long and prosperous relationship!

2 Likes