Possessed Bedroom - Power Out, No Breaker Trip, Comes On Next Afternoon

Are you sure you have a power loss? The Cree bulb entries you posted from the IDE are not entries from power loss. They are entries from ST turning the bulb on or off. A Cree bulb CANNOT report “off” when it loses power because it doesn’t have power and so it can’t report anything. (When it gets power back, it doesn’t report an “on” either.) So maybe I’m misunderstanding what you’re trying to demonstrate, but if it’s a power loss i.e. no 120VAC, then that is not what that logging is demonstrating.

When you have this power “loss”, have you tried plugging in a receptacle tester or other device to confirm you actually lost power, or are you just relying on the smart bulbs going off?

BTW, is this Cree bulb being directly powered by an Inovelli switch?

The receptacles beside the bed are dead as well. My phone is plugged in, lamps with Cree are plugged in each side and I have a tester showing dead when this happens.

So, update. JohnRob likely right as well as few others. The breaker practically fell out of the panel. Was not locking at all. We ended up replacing 2. I am going to test tonight.

That’s great!

Question:
When you say the breaker practically fell out of the panel. If you mean the contact on the bottom of the breaker that “snaps” to the bus bar underneath. Then you really have to look at the rest. They should be firmly in place, not easy to get out when rotating away from the bus bar. I’ve never seen this myself but it sounds like it could be an issue, especially on a range or dryer.

Out of curiosity I googled loose breaker in panel and one post warned that if the breaker connection to the bus bar was so loose it caused an arc. The plating on the bus bar might be damaged making the panel unusable (at least in that breaker position). I spent a number of years working with automotive connectors and the posters warning seems feasible.

Thanks John!!

Yes, the bus bar was fine. New breaker snapped in perfectly. Old breakers pins were spread and unable hold. Last night, power stayed on.

So, it looks like breaker was over heating and just happened to have a coincidental structured schedule for turning off and on… by some unknown apparition!!!. :smiley:

3 Likes