Proper steps for LZW31-SN, LZW42, Hubitat

Hello,
Is there one guide for proper setup of the LZW31-SN and LZW32 for use with Hubitat? My ideal setup is having the lights (3 of them) directly associated with the switch, then turning off the relay on the switch and using it plus Hubitat to control the bulbs. I’m just confused about which order I should do things, if there is any.

Thank you! I did find that but was so hung up on what order I should do things in that it didn’t occur to me that said z-wave association tool can’t be used with devices that aren’t connected yet :blush:

The switch is connected to the load of the lights-- besides turning off the relay control, is there anything else that I need to do in order to make it behave like a real dimmer?

If you want to associate your bulbs with the dimmer, there are a number of steps you have to follow. Did you read the guide that I referenced??

What type of bulbs will you be using?

I’m guessing LZW42. Probably a typo in the subject

1 Like

That’s correct— I messed up on the model number. Thanks for pointing that out. The bulbs are LZW42’s.

I apologize for not being clear. I was referring to steps after the associations and your referenced guide.

I have since followed the association app guide, thanks. I’m just fumbling through now. Group 4 association didn’t take at first, and the 3 bulbs (all the same fan fixture, powered by the lzw31-sn) were at first repeatedly turning on and off when powered on. Fixing the group 4 seems to have fixed that, but they are still behaving a little oddly. When turned on or dimmed, the bulbs are behaving like the load is still being controlled, even though I have smart bulb mode turned on in the lzw31-sn. upon powering on via physical switch control they are ramping up, reaching full brightness at different rates, and when dimmed they start flashing like a typical non-dimmable LED.

I’m sure I just messed up some setting due to my misunderstanding of how the association works, or maybe I shouldn’t have broached SBM, but it didn’t make sense to leave local control enabled while controlling smart bulbs.