Question regarding dimming

I’ve been a little out of the loop lately regarding inovelli things, and I’m not entirely sure if this is the right section of the forums to ask this so feel free to move this if necessary, but regarding the red switch and also to an extent the light strip - when it comes to dimming in either direction, when the units themselves dim, I’ve noticed that it happens in “steps” or that it has a stuttering effect even when the dimming speed is set to it’s highest setting short of auto on/off. For those with experience either Lutein Caseta or Philips Hue products, I absolutely love the way they smoothly dim in both directions. Is there something in the parameters that I can adjust to create a smoother dimming effect? The stuttering, at least to me, has a “cheap” feel to them and really just isn’t aesthetically pleasing, especially when dimming across a large range. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Inovelli is aware of the issue. To some extent, it may be attributable to using a Mosfet. Take a look at this thread that discusses the issue and suggests some settings to try:

Thanks for this info, really good read and hopefully it’s something that can be fixed

1 Like