Red Dimmer Smartthings Scene Control Problem

I have a Red LZW31-SNU that I am trying to get scene control working. I have the Edge Driver installed (2023-03-28T23:07:14.066865864). I can control the indicator, the switch controls a light, but when I try to have Smartthings trigger off a double click nothing happens. I can “Test routine actions” and it sets the indicator light and the other controls, but I can’t get it to trigger when I double click. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Clint

Try setting the button delay to 5 or 500ms

I checked the settings, it was already set to 500ms. I tried changing it to 100, 300, and 900ms and I still don’t get a trigger.

Are you having difficulty getting the double press listed as the trigger for the routine, or is the double press listed as the trigger in the routine but it’s not working?

Please post a screenshot of the routine that isn’t working properly.

The double press is the trigger but nothing happens. Here is the screenshot.

Thanks,
Clint

That looks correct. Not sure what it is so just some suggestions:

Do you have press 2x routines running on another switch that are working? Just want to make sure you have the proper cadence when doing the 2x press. Try setting the Button Press Delay to 900ms just in case you’re slow.

Power cycle the switch by pulling the air gap.

Try removing the two of the action items to see if it works one at a time. Bulb first, maybe. Then a virtual switch alone, maybe. Want to make sure that one of the action items isn’t killing the Routine.

Try creating a new identical routine with the same trigger but with a different bulb as an action item to see if you can get the 2x press recognized.

Go into the Advanced Web App (https://my.smartthings.com), Devices and open the page for the switch you are doing the 2x press on. Scroll down to the Events section and see if your 2x presses are being recognized. You should see "“pushed_2x”, as below:

1 Like

It might be due to having joined securely. I had another switch that I didn’t join securely and I can see the 2x up switch triggers in the web log. I’ll try removing the first switch and adding it again without security to see if that fixes the problem.

EDIT: Added the switch without security now everything works.

Thanks,
Clint

1 Like

That’s really bizarre. I don’t add switches with security so I haven’t seen that, but it’s not right either.

@EricM_Inovelli

This was an LZW31-SN right? I remember running into that with certain versions of the firmware. It might have been fixed in the latest beta, but I don’t have any in use to check anymore.

I can’t replicate this issue, so I’m not sure what is going on. For me I added securely and things seem to be working. Maybe an error occurred during inclusion for you where the lifeline group wasn’t associated? If that is the case you wouldn’t see the device change state on on/off too though. I usually add my devices non-secure and haven’t had any problems so I think you will be fine in that regard.

1 Like