Red VZW31-SN stuck in ON/OFF mode, no dimming

Like the subject says, I can’t get the switch to take dimmer mode from Hubitat UI using the custom driver. I’ve done this more times than I can count but this one switch is acting weird. Any suggestions? There is an audible click when the switch turns ON/OFF. The pull down for dimmer is set to dimmer, I’m using a neutral and the device page acknowledges neutral. I’ve tried resetting the switch and resending the config command, switching it back to ON/OFF and then Dimmer again. Not sure what else to try?

1 Like

I got it to work, but I suspect the driver is broken? First, I have a few extra brand new devices on hand, so I opened another brand new box. Second switch/dimmer exhibits the same behavior. Something’s not right here… I looked up the Z Wave parameter table and set 158 to 0, and yes now it works as a dimmer. The device driver “dimmer” pull down does not seem to be doing it’s job?

1 Like

Is there somewhere I should report this? Is anyone else seeing this behavior? Yes I got it to work, but only after manually entering the zwave parameters. Expected use is via the pull down menus of the driver I assume?

1 Like

Screenshots will be helpful. @mamber wrote the driver and I don’t think there’s anyone else reporting a similar issue as you’re describing.

Which version of Hubitat do you have?

I can upload a screen shot, but of what in particular? I’m on the very latest beta 2.3.7.141 on Hubitat C8. The device driver is signed by Inovelli, dated 11-11-2023.

For a little more context, I can change other parameters using the drop downs in the device driver. This is the only one I’ve noticed so far that doesn’t stick.

I think a capture of the logs when saving preferences between on/off and dimmer mode.

Right now the switch is set to dimmer, this is what happens when I try to set it back to On/Off Switch. The change is not successful and it remains a dimmer.

I’m having the exact same experience with a freshly installed switch. I attempted to update to the 1.02 Beta firmware in case this is an issue with the 1.02 standard-issue, but have been unsuccessful with either the Hubitat Firmware Updater app, or djdizzyd’s z-wave updater driver.