RGBW LED Lightstrip (Project Cribs)

Just providing some air cover for her - she had to go home early today (food poisoning) and Nathan, Brianna and I are lost puppies when it comes to shipping so we couldn’t do much.

We will have the remaining ones out tomorrow, I promise!

2 Likes

Oh no - poor Courtney! Hoping she feels better soon. Thanks for the update @Eric_Inovelli :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hope she feels better!

Can’t wait to get the notification of shipment! Thanks Eric

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

Did my best to get most orders out today but not all were completed before USPS stopped back by to pick them up.

I believe I tried to get everyone mentioned in this thread! All labels are printed and remaining orders will go out first thing Monday morning.

11 Likes

Mine is still stuck in Kalamazoo or Grand Rapids, along with an order I placed from Inovelli on 12/29, so I’m not expecting to receive this anytime soon.

1 Like

welcome to my world i have several packages from diff places stuck at original pick up station since the 28th…

Got mine a few minutes ago. Initial feedback:

1. Packaging looks decent and everything was there.
  2. I was surprised to find the LED strip sections pre-connected in one piece. I thought they would be separated and I would have to assemble them. But that is no issue at all and they seem to plug/unplug readily.
  3. Like that the DSK was included in multiple spots (3 that I saw). However the paper that it came with did not have the greatest printing for it and the PIN was a bit tough to read (but I had seen it on the box and controller, so it was OK).
  4. The initial “startup” setting of being all white on is a bit too harsh/bright. Still getting over the spots from it. Might want to tone that down a bit in a future firmware IMO.
  5. I had already put the driver on my Hubitat and it paired easily and was detected correctly.
  6. The driver has the usual (for Inovelli) absurdly long list of preferences/options. I will be adding in a couple lines of code to the driver to hide them (like I do with my drivers) unless needed because they are basically all “set and forget” settings.
  7. The one I have paired so far reports as firmware 1.20. I see on your site that the Beta firmware listed (probably should not mark the launch firmware as beta) is up to 1.20.3 so I will be upgrading. But, there are also versions BELOW 1.20. You might want to remove excess firmware versions to reduce confusion for people that will be looking to upgrade.
  8. The first preference is to set the number of pixels, with auto-detect as the default. That is good. However, it might be nice to have the driver report (as a state or event) how many pixels it has auto-detected. This could be used in rules or such (say, if someone wants to divide it into 5 sections of lighting for example).
  9. Add… Told it to be upgraded using the Hubitat Device Firmware Updater from Bryan… and the strip is now blinking bright blue, with a touch of the white LEDs. This may be it’s “I’m being updated” setting, but it is pretty bright and distracting. I think a far better one would be something with the colors dimmer and then a “progress bar” if possible, or at least a bar that grows beginning to end and then back if possible. That might be a bit much when it is actually doing an update I guess, but at the very least please dim this down a bit (and maybe there is no need for the white LEDs at the same time).

All I have in this VERY INITIAL feedback. Good work people! I look forward to trying it more this evening.

2 Likes

Hmm - I checked the tracking number and it says yours is out for delivery today.

Its expected delivery was today but there hasn’t been a scan since the 8th when it was in Grand Rapids.

I also made an order on the 29th and there hasn’t been a scan since the 2nd. These are red series dimmers.

Both haven’t left Grand Rapids as far as I know.

Gotcha.

Honestly I wouldn’t trust the tracking system too much. It is usually wrong either way. :frowning:

USPS has just been pretty bad over the last month in general. I had a package from Amazon sit for over a month with 0 updates until it was finally delivered today.

2 Likes

Yeah… USPS pretty much fell apart since end of November - December. I had packages traveling that would sit for weeks on end with no apparent movement. One coming from California (I live in NY) made it to Ohio, then backtracked to Texas, then came to Pennsylvania… Then came to the larger city near me and has been there for a week now when it would have normally been the same day or next day from that point.

2 Likes

Added note about the LZW45.

Included in the box was a sheet about an Inovelli rewards program (interesting). But the page “inovelli.com/rewards” it lists goes to a 404 error on your website (oops). Scanning the QR Code (ugh) gave me an… unsafe site… at least one that Chrome does not want me to go to (and I am not going to try) but it DEFINITELY is not inovelli.com.

1 Like

Thanks!

I know @Brianna_Inovelli and @Eric_Inovelli are still working on this (there were some setbacks) so hopefully it should be up and running soon!

2 Likes

Can confirm on this! We are just finalizing the last parts of our rewards program and it should be ready to go next month at the latest!

4 Likes

Sounds good. Is the QR code wrong on mine or just some re-linking site that does not really know where it is going yet?

Hey guys, sorry for the new guy question. Ive setup a few switches and have been fine, but I got the new strip today. Got it paired to Smartthings using the QR, installed the LZW42 device handler, but I just dont know what to do from here. I am trying to figure out how to configure the special effects, but I must be missing a major step. Any advice or guidance? It says ZWAVE_S2_Authenticated, but firmware is blank.

It looks like the links off the product page take you to the instructions for the wrong product (they take you to the LZW42 RGBW Bulb page, not the LZW45 Strip page). The LZW45 page looks a bit out of date, but make sure you have the SmartThings LZW45 driver for the strip, not LZW42.

This page might help with using it once the right driver is there: https://support.inovelli.com/portal/en/kb/inovelli/products/led-s-rgbtw-smart-led-strip

2 Likes

Here is a quick start for SmartThings.

In the app, go to the device’s page, 3 dot menu, Settings.

At this time, you have 2 easy choices for special effects:

1 - Quick Effects - Scroll down in the settings page. You can configure up to 5 of these. Pick the Color, Level, Duration and Effect from the 4 menu itemst. When you set one of these, it will create a child object that you can use to turn this specific effect on or off.

These are the simpler of the 2 ways to turn on effects. You’ll probably want 2.

2 - Pixel Effects - Farther down still in the settings page. You will enter 2 numbers here, separated by a comma. Refer to the chart in the instructions, p8 (1 -45). The pixel effect chart hasn’t been published to the support site yet.

The number you enter here is the effect number, a comma and then a number 1 - 99 for brightness. So if you want Aurora at max brightness, use 45,99.

Once again, a child object will be created to turn the effect on or off.

https://support.inovelli.com/portal/api/kbArticles/407409000017735021/locale/en/attachments/ko2kb7a3e9a2147334df6ac45cda03aa0b360/content?portalId=edbsn8bb12d5f5a97d693e61ce4ce8a23f8b0e323eac44a6c2794f893e912acf005df&inline=true

Grrrrrrrrr, mine says it’s running late!