RGBW LED Lightstrip (Project Cribs)

@tonyw - I’m literally having something like this installed in a couple of weeks. We’re having TrimLights installed (www.trimlights.com) on the underside of the eaves. The product looks pretty cool. Has some features, but not all the features you listed. I wish it was Z-Wave controlled, but only WiFi at this time. I wouldn’t mind having an Inovelli product (but at the costs, I won’t be switching it out).

I did a quick check and yes it looks like what I am after but the markup cost to have a dealer install is outside my retirement budget. I hope Inovelli can come up with a scalable solution.

The owner of the local shop will sell it to me at $17/lf…pricey, but after falling off the roof and fracturing my pelvis in 4 places and L5 vertebrae, I’m happy to pay the final cost with it installed.

Any plan for a plain rgbw controller only? Like the qubino for exemple.

I have 3x milight controller for my kitchen under cabinet light but it’s integration with my homeseer setup is not the best since the controller I have aren’t compatible anymore with the latest version of Android.

I have 2x 2 conductor cable that goes between each cabinet… I figured a year after that rgbw was more useful than rgb for my application… Can’t replace the cables so I’m stuck with using 3x rgbw controller instead of only 1 because I would miss the 5th wire :frowning:

I also would love to see just RGBW / RGBWW controllers. I have alot of rgb, rgbw & rgbww around the house and they are connected using wifi controller and they don work 100% when trying to adjust things with rulls due to bad driver for the unit.

Would love to be able to reuse my strips and just replace the controller. And upto 10amp would be awesome. But 5 at min.

@Eric_Inovelli Hey Eric, know you guys are all tied up in the dimmer availability but any updates on project cribs? I have a “special” idea for these if/when they are available…has to do with a 150" projection screen. :wink:

a couple of questions ( I read the whole thread twice and didn’t see them answered)…

Will these lights be suitable for outdoor use? The Christmas spirit and my wife have driven me to consider putting up lights outside. (truth is, any excuse to buy these things would have been good enough).

What would be the maximum length one could run these in series?

last one…what’s the width of the strips?

Keep up the great work you guys.

These look nice! I got a new TV, so need a new bias light these would be good for.

Will there be any canned “scenes”? i.e. fireplace, strobes, police sirens, etc.

Any update on these?

Just saw them live at CES and they are wonderful!!!

3 Likes

Connectors
As a part of the connector package, +1 for the wire option (shown above) as an available accessory. This would be a huge plus for things like under cabinet lighting. Even better would be to supply the wire and connectors as a kit, which would allow the wire to be cut to needed length. If the strips are industry standard widths, this would be an easy add since there are already similar products available:

shopping

Love everything I’ve read about project cribs so far. I wouldn’t mind re-doing my under kitchen cabinet lights with these. 2 questions…

1. are these IP rated? The strips I have now are encased in a clear flexible plasitic so I don’t have to worry about liquid or particle ingress,

2. Lumen drop after 8ft - would it be possible to add another ps (e.g. via a T connector) along the path so that longer runs can be acheived? 8ft is rather short but if the paths can handle higher current, dropping multiple 12v sources in parallel along the way should be ok and would allow for some serious scaleability.

Unfortunately due to tariffs, we’ve had to put this project on hold :frowning:

Currently, they are at almost 30%, which puts us out of a reasonable MSRP.

1 Like

Lol I know :sob: – hopefully the tariffs will go away soon – we were all so excited about this project!

I was really looking forward to adding strip lighting in my server rack. Vary the color based on network and/or storage conditions, in addition to some awesome mood lighting!

At a minimum it would be the ultimate signal strength test! Dang tariffs messing with my cool factor!

1 Like

Hopefully the tariff situation resolves quickly @Eric_Inovelli. I really want to redo my deck lights. BTW, any response to my previous post on this (the two questions above your last post)?

Me too… me too :frowning:

I actually am not sure about either of these, but apologies for just ignoring it. I think I meant to come back, but didn’t.

It’s kind of a sensitive subject right now with the manufacturer (canceling a project) so I’ll answer them once we kick it back off.

I do believe the answer to #1 is no as their normal white-label version does not have this and we were simply modifying it to be 1-ft sections. I’m not sure at all on #2.

Copy all @Eric_Inovelli . I understand the “sensitivity” there.

So this will be for indoor deployments out the gate. As for #2… if I come up with an indoor project by the time this happens, I’ll provide feedback on how I engineer it.

Here…waiting for the update to come… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: