RGBW LED Lightstrip (Project Cribs)

This project is back in business ladies and gentleman! More to come, but we’re planning to launch it prior to Christmas!

13 Likes

Awesome! It’d be fun to see a hue sync style product for placing these behind TVs/Monitors for bias lighting. Hyperion project is a good example, but most consumers will want something more turnkey like Hue offers. Their gradient light strip is going to start at $199 so this would blow that out of the water

Depending on how soon, I think I know how our tree is getting lit up this year :smiley:

I’m in the middle of renovating my kitchen, and would like to have this as my under cabinet lights which are hardwired now

My question is what will this connect to at the power source end? A 12V DC brick? And what is Wattage? Will something like this sufficiently prepare for 6ft of it?

Lighstrip testing has begun…

6 Likes

Straight up if bonus money comes through my gutters could use this treatment… I’m thinking year round ambient light with some fun holiday tricks.

Thinking of putting in channel with a diffuser but are these going to be at least somewhat weather protected? Thinking even a spray coating might work.

Lengths will be important though, I’ll need like 180’ cuttable at 1’ ish segments. I forgot if that is part of this solution?

Not cuttable. Not IP rated. This will not be the solution you’re looking for. You can look at the company I used for trim lights: www.trimlight.com

1 Like

Gotcha, thanks for the link!

Any chance that you’d sell a standalone controller. Or simpler two or three wire controllers that only do ccw or just dimmable strips?

1 Like

That’s what I would be interested in. The LED strip part itself isn’t the hard part. Not worth paying premium prices for to me at least.
Now a good looking zwave controller with scene and group support, at a cost that doesn’t need to be higher over proprietary LED strips and connectors.
I’d preorder four right now.

1 Like

Great question – yes, it will connect to a 12V power bank. I’ll have to check on the wattage question Total wattage for the 6’ is 3.5W. As for the transformer, I’ll have to defer to @EricM_Inovelli as I’m not too familiar with the LED light strip world (still learning, but it’s exciting!)

Yes, that is definitely the plan. The first round will be released only working with our 6-Pin light strips. We wanted them to be able to work with 3, 4, and 5-Pin light strips, but they said that would add an additional 2-3 months to the project and we wanted to get these out by Black Friday or at the latest Christmas.

I’m confirming as to whether or not the controller can be updated via firmware to allow for this change. In addition, an adaptor would have to be made to, “map” the pins to the right slot (and thus the controller for interpretation). More to come here.

2 Likes

You really need to get to Taiwan man!

1 Like

How is this going? I know you folks were thinking this would be out in a couple weeks. Still look like it’s going to happen?

Hey @marswa! The project is going well. It should be starting mass production on the 18th! Shipment and arrival to the US will be early December! Can’t wait for everyone to see it - it’s super impressive!

9 Likes

With the preorders up on the site, I’m curious if you guys will be also selling extension wires vs the extension strips currently online? I’d like to be able to put strips in two slightly different spots, but don’t need to extend between them with more LEDs between, just wiring to connect the two together. (If that makes sense)

Are we still looking at 8’ before we see a degradation in lumens? Are you guys planning on selling any amplifiers?

The timing on these w/ the preorder sale were perfect :stuck_out_tongue: Just spent too much money on a new tv and consoles, so might as well add the LED strip under my floating entertainment center :slight_smile:

What I am hoping to do is have it do some blue animations when I turn on the Playstation and green for the Xbox triggered by my Harmony remote. Outside of that, they will just be ambient lighting/decorative lighting around holidays. Pretty excited!

Does this support scenes? Can I have it go on and off with a switch and not have my home automation involved?

Here we go again! :rofl: I just placed an $80.01 pre-order for Project Cribs and some add-on accessories.

Off to incessantly stare at my email box for another month, waiting for the joy of receiving another Inovelli pre-order shipping confirmation… :hugs:

@kareem613

1 Like