RGBW LED Lightstrip (Project Cribs)

You can buy two and get extra parts, except that you said there’s no way to do extensions through the cabinets.

@Eric_Inovelli @Brianna_Inovelli the link for the installation and drivers goes to the LZW42 page and not the LZW45.

I want to know this as well. Given cost of extra extensions, I doubt a single connector would be e.g. $4.50. Pack of 5 or 10 perhaps? Any insight @Brianna_Inovelli?

Excited to get my hands on this new product. Can you please clarify what you mean with the lumens degradation, and how it relates to the extension cords? More specifically, would I experience lower lumens if I used say a 6’ strip, two 6’ extension cords, followed by another 6’ strip on the same controller? Would that count as 12’ of length, or 24’ of length? Thanks!

@Eric_Inovelli how can one reach out and become a beta tester for products in the future? Is there an application process? I would most likely approach this from an OpenZwave/HomeAssistant side.

Are there details on the dimensions of the required controller and power supply?

I am looking to use the LED strips (like many others, apparently) to replace existing 110V under-cabinet lighting.

I have three small (but separate) cabinet sections, so I think I’ll need three kits. Given the limitations of needing to work with the existing 110V, daisy-chained, hardwired fixtures, I also think I’ll need to mount the controller and power supply under the cabinets, in place of these fixtures:

but I’m not sure how big the controller and power supply are, and if they were designed to accommodate easy mounting (via keyholes or something).

The existing fixtures connect internally with wire-nuts to “raw romex” that comes through the wall, so that is an additional complication that would need a solution.

Any information before the pre-order ends would be appreciated.

Look here for the controller:

The power supply is a wall wart. 1 5/8" x 2 7/8" x 1 1/8" (1 3/8" at plug prongs)

@eddy - Not sure it helps, but the controller isn’t big and should fit under the cabinet.

It lays pretty flat as you can see.

4 Likes

Thanks. Great to finally see all the pieces together.

Also interested in more info on the connectors. Is that pricing EACH? Do you have 45 degree connectors? Can the strips be cut and re-attached at custom lengths?

Strips cannot be cut. They come in 6 inch and 12 inch lengths and snap together. Someone from Inovelli will have to answer your questions about the connectors.

Thanks for the photo! The controller seems reasonable enough and I could probably work with that… but I don’t think the controller, combined with the power brick (and all the extra cord!), is going to be reasonably hidden under my cabinets.

I don’t really need individually controllable LED strips under the cabinets anyway… just thought it would be fun to have the capability for special events and stuff. I’ll continue to search for a warm-white, dimmable LED replacement (for my existing halogen lights) that will work more easily with the existing 110V wiring…

Thanks again!

No problem! They are pretty cool though.

2 Likes

You can do this pretty easily.
Option one: Z-wave LED controller like this one, a 12v power supply, and a warm white LED strip.

Option two: Use an Inovelli dimmer and a dimmable LED transformer. Wire that up to a warm white LED strip and it becomes a fairly traditional dimmable under cabinet light.

Nice! I didn’t know dimmable LED transformers were a thing. That sounds perfect for what I hade in mind. While browsing, I found this one that seems like it would be easy to “hide” under a cabinet since it’s only 0.7" thick. Thanks for the suggestion! :+1:

Make sure you review their dimmer compatibility list. Just like LED bulbs, they may or may not work with every dimmer.

2 Likes

Yes, what @Bry says is correct. The dimmable transformer is basically just a big version of the tiny circuit in the bottom of the LED bulb. That means all the same compatibility issues apply- some transformers will work with some dimmers and not others, some will flicker with some dimmers and not others, etc. Basically if the one you got doesn’t work, try another one.

Hey there! It is one connector for $4.50.

Wow, that’s expensive for a single connector :joy:

What are the options if you need an extension cable shorter than 6ft?