RGBW LED Lightstrip (Project Cribs)

Yes, that is a typo. It should be 130. For now… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did the 6" led strips sell out? I could have sworn I saw them yesterday but couldn’t find them just now when checking out?

I assume you have two separate under cabinet areas, broken from each other. Unfortunately there isn’t currently a way to do that wirelessly. You’d have to make adapters for strip-to-wire and wire-to-strip so electrically it’d just be one strip. But that requires running a wire from one cabinet to the next. I agree a wireless link would be preferable.

is it 1 “L” Connector for $4.5? or how manny are included in the box?

At least as described in the product listing, to T’s or right angles in the kit.

Is there a plan to release an L adapter orientated differently? Like the below…

l_adapter

2 Likes

Is the LED ribbon flexible enough to bend inside/outside corners in this orientation???

1 Like

It’s flexible, but you’re not going to get a sharp right angle. I’d be leery of flexing it in this way. I’d want an adapter such as Stu suggested.

2 Likes

Is the bend radius of the ribbon similar to the extra bulk added by an inside right angle adapter? Just wondering if a 90-degree inside angle plastic guide clip that snaps over the ribbon would not be a more useful and cheaper option?

I’m having a difficult time envisioning the usefulness of any of the fixed-length (can’t be cut) strips or the adapters in a corner scenario, unless you are the lucky owner of a house/cabinet where everything is built perfectly to a 6" spacing…

Do you happen to know if there is adhesive on the back of the led strips?

Yes, 3M peel and stick.

Nice to see the 6’ extensions! Will those have adhesive as well?

Yes, both the 6" and 12" segments have 3m adhesive tape.

@Chris Not 6", 6’… These: https://inovelli.com/smart-led-strip-extension-cord/ :slight_smile:

They have also previously mentioned have adhesive on the connectors to further aid connection strength.

1 Like

A few questions on these, and they may have already been answered. I’m looking to replace under cabinet lighting in my kitchen that are currently hard-wired to a light switch.

1: Can the power supply be hard-wired or is it plug-in type? If it’s the plug-in type, can a generic power supply that supports hard wiring be used and still connect to the controller?
2: I have 2x 4ft sections of cabinet and 2x 2ft sections of cabinet. Would I need 4 kits, or would I be able to order extra controllers and power supplies to make use of the left over pieces?
3: Do they support zwave association?

1 Like

Plug in. LED are 12 VDC.

Can definitely use a generic one as long it meets the requirements. [quote=“MRobi, post:97, topic:24”]
sections of cabinet. Would I need 4 kits, or would I be able to order extra controllers and power supplies to make use of the left over pieces?
[/quote]

Are cabinets in one long line or on other side of room?

Yes.

Cabinets are on opposite sides of the room. The 4ft and 2ft sections are separated by corner cabinets. Going through them to connect the 4ft and 2ft sections with an extension is not an option. The existing lights do have wiring already run through the wall but it’s 110 and hooked to the switch.

My thought is to use a red series switch as a scene controller with the relay disabled, and have each cabinet section with it’s own power supply and controller controlled with the switch by scenes or association.

This will work. I suggest you will want both scenes and associations- the association (Group 3 and 4, from the dimmer to the LED strip) will control overall brightness. Then you would have some multi tap scenes that would set colors etc. I would also personally make a scene where a single tap of the up paddle resets the colors to whatever your basic illumination color is.

I’m sure the plan will work, but my biggest question is will I need 4 kits or can I buy 2 and get some extra parts?