setConfigParameter call not working on Inovelli Dimmer Red Series LZW31-SN

Hub model: C7
Hubitat OS version: 2.3.6.145
Firmware version: 1.61
Driver version (updated via HPM): 2022-05-04

I am trying to create a rule in Rule Machine to set the light bar intensity on my Inovelli Dimmer Red Series LZW31-SN dimmers to zero/off at night. To test the parameters that need to be passed to the setConfigParameters command, I was using the Commands section at the top of one of my dimmer device pages.

What I found is that calling the command from the device page is not working. To verify, I enabled debug logging for the device and I do not see the command being called in the logs. I tried from more than one of my LZW31-SN dimmers and the same behavior is present on both. If I updated the parameters via the config section, it works correctly.

The values I am passing to change the light bar intensity to off are (I have also tested with other values):
14, 0, 1
15, 0, 1

I think you might actually need to send 14,0,3 - the parameters are size 3, not size 1. Try changing that last number to a 3 and see what happens?

Thanks for the response. It looks like the commands work but don’t show up in the logs. After writing this I confirmed that I was seeing the changes on the device (i.e. LED light bar is turned off), but not seeing the updates in the log or the parameters changes in the Hubitat UI.

Might just be a bug/glitch with calling the commands directly.

Ah cool, interesting. I recently learned that my “3” here was wrong anyway - I don’t think you need a 3rd parameter at all. Sending the parameters manually may not produce a log event unless trace or debug logging is turned on, I noticed in my own experiments. Using the driver-provided command does write logs because it’s not a general purpose action. Glad you figured it out! I am still having issues with parameters on my blue series switches via rule machine myself.